Ability To Climb Back On Platform

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NoddyMac, Feb 2, 2020.

1. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

I don’t know if this has been mentioned already but I am sure we can all agree that it’s very frustrating when you fall down a platform between two carriages and you cannot get back on the platform. I just spent ages doing a scenario where a fair bit of it you have to drive slow, then when I reached my destination I attempted to uncouple the loco from the carriages and fell between the loco and carriage and couldn’t get back on the platform. It’s very irritating.

Is there any chance a feature can be added to allow us to get back up on the platform so we don’t have to keep starting scenarios all over again?

2. redgor thenoob

redgor thenoob Member

Three are little steps at gapped intervals on the platform run towards them and you can climb back up, it's the same button you use to enter the cab

3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Hard to to when you're stuck between two freight cars. ;)

On PC we have a hotkey for instantly returning to the cab, dunno if that exists on consoles as well.

4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Have you? I know on console (with an attached keyboard) we can return to cab view with a key press but you do need to be in control of a locomotive. I'm not sure of a key for when you're out on foot. It'd be useful for those occasions where you do get stuck. Hmm, but which cab would it return you to though.

NoddyMac did you try crouching and moving? That sometimes get you out and under the buffers. Not always though. :|

5. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I agree it is very annoying. That and falling out of your engine. A way to teleport to the cab on console would be nice.

6. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I agree. The platform is not that high, we should be able to climb back on it from any spot really. It wouldn't break the realism but would make the game more playable in this regard.

7. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

On more recent routes you can jump back on the platform anywhere, which would be a nice feature to retrofit the older routes with. But since that would require DTG to go back to work on old DLC, it's probably a safe bet its not going to happen.

8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Let me offer a simple solution: when you find yourself in a situation that might lead to stepping or falling off a station platform, perform a save. If a mishap occurs, you can just go back to your saved point.
    On a more whimsical note, perhaps a fall from a platform should result in a stretcher crew coming to the hapless driver's aid. Immersion galore!!!

9. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Good solution. But what happens when it says "an error occurred" and don't save? Happened to me earlier today actually