Achievement Questions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by steve08, Aug 22, 2021.

1. steve08

steve08 Guest

Does the achievement progress count if I select last played I’m doing the cl52 western region achievement I found a two stop scenario called western revival and I saved the game after coupling the coaches

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I have used last played and achievement progress continues in the tracker. Quitting to the main menu, SPAD or finishing the service saves the stats from that session.

In TSW2 you have a Class 52 in Diesel Legends that is good for getting distance along the Great Western Express route as well as using any Class 52 on scenario designer. In TSW2020 I think you can only use a Class 52 on West Somerset Railway, which makes it a very grindy achievement. 520 miles and sticking to the speed limits (doesn't count if overspeeding) will take a while.

3. steve08

steve08 Guest

I never knew speeding didn’t count I was putting train at 55 throttle and then stopping when I need to

4. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

If you mean you saved the game mid scenario then it used to be the case that 'resume saved game' (afaik the only way you can continue from the exact point of a save) wouldn't allow completion of the scenario. In other words it was broken.

It's not something I've tried since becasuse you're only allowed a single save and mine is generally used for the purpose of grinding the 'drive xx miles' achievements (eg: get a train to the high speed section of a route and save progress to avoid having to repeat the slow bits) so I couldn't say if it is ok or not.

My best advice is to try make time to do a scenario from start to finish because there's nothing worse than having to redo a long (tedious) one through no fault off your own..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2021
  5. steve08

steve08 Guest

So if I’m speeding mph numbers in yellow or red it will not count the miles driven

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to stay under the line speed and not exceed the loco max speed.