Acs 64 Guard Panel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lil jj, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

On the acs 64 guard panel I was just wondering how you use it to open the doors and put down the stairs. I put the key to low platform and could only press open/close local door and not the open left/right doors [which opens all the doors], and the local doors still didn't put down the stairs. What does the low platform mode on the guard panel do? why can I only open/close the local doors? Do you have to put the stairs down manually? Is it possible to open all the doors at once? I know you can open the doors at the cab as the driver by simply pressing left/right on the d-pad, I am just wondering how good the guard panel is at opening the doors.

2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

If you read the instructions next to the panel, they specifically tell you to only open the local door on low platforms.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

I did read the instructions, I just thought it was strange how you could only open the local door

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Whenever the stairs are in use, Amtrak regs require a guard be present to assist passengers in boarding. No guard, door stays closed.

• Like Like x 1