Activation Key Not Found

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anthony Smith, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

I just purchased the Dovetail U36C for the Clinchfield route, and the download says click on the activation link to get the key for the install. Problem is, there is no link as far as I can determine. I've opened a ticket with support, but that apparently can take a week or more to get a response. Can anyone here tell me where the link is located at so I can install the loco?

Thanks

Tony

2. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Tony,

where did you buy it from... The DTG store or Steam???

Eric

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I bought the same Loco from the Dtg store and it had no link either

However I was given a key after opening a ticket with Dovetail and they sent me one. So you should get one from Support if you opened a ticket with them.

4. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

DTG!

5. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

Thanks for this. I was hoping that DTG would give me a key, it just sucks to have to wait a week to get an answer from DTG

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a read of this from the Bugs Reports page
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/for-help-with-dovetail-store-purchase-problems.29008/

In particular
    • All orders that are placed on the store can be located by logging into the Dovetail Store, select Your Account, then from the dropdown menu, select Your Orders. Your most recent order will appear at the top.
    • To view the codes for your order, click View under the Download Page. Codes can then be unlocked from the Download Page.

7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

It doesn't help if no code is given at all which is what I believe happened to the OP, as it happened to me with the same DLC that was bought from the DTG store.
    a.png

8. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/for-help-with-dovetail-store-purchase-problems.29007/

This is a known issue with the store service DTG uses. Follow those instructions if you haven't already and DTG support will get back to you with the keys. My experiences and that of many others are that if the ticket is submitted correctly following those instructions you'll have the keys within 48 hours, usually faster. However there have also been some reports of people waiting 3, 4, 5+ days.

9. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anthony Smith

Anthony Smith New Member

DTG's Support staff notified me that the missing activation key was a problem on their end. They sent a separate key and I was able to load the loco in the sim just fine.

• Like Like x 2