Tutorial Adding Post-processing

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by Tomas9970, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Many of you have probably tried tweaking the Post-Process settings in the TOD actor and found out that it resets every time. However there is another way to do this.

Simply add a Post Process Volume into your scene, set it to Infinite Extent and then just like with the TOD system, move it to the Persistent Level just so it loads no matter where you are. Keep in mind that you can only tweak settings that the TOD system does not modify.

So far, I only tweaked some basic things things but I do want to use it at some point later to define the overall look since custom assets will need to be matched with DTG content (in terms of color) so there isn't a whole lot of room to experiment.

Temp.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

But please don't ever use custom Bloom values in the PostProcessVolume, DTG have luckily stepped away from that since TSW3. Appearance should be consistent throughout the game. (Older routes like ECW or TOR used high Bloom values forced onto the player, needing a mod to reset it to 1.)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2023
  3. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wanted to go even further and experimented with the Convolution Bloom. However as you said if you can tell that the effect is there, it's probably not done correctly.