1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Additional Metra Content

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Average_Joe57, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

The Racetrack DLC is by far one of my favorite DLCs as there are so many opportunities to run both passenger and freight service from several railroads. However, I feel as though we could use more Metra content including new locomotives, rolling stock, and maybe another route. My suggestions for new locomotives include Metra's F40PHM-3s, MP36PH-3S/Cs (including units painted in heritage schemes), and F59PH/PHis. For rolling stock, I suggest the additions of the Budd and Morrison-Knudsen/Amerail Gallery Cars. (Coach only for the Budd cars)

[​IMG]
    A typical Metra F40PHM-3, photo credit goes to Metra.

[​IMG]
    A typical Metra MP36PH-3C, photo credit goes to DevianArt user SantaFe669

[​IMG]
    A typical Metra F59PH, photo credit goes to Mark Llanuza.

[​IMG]
    A typical Metra F59PHi, photo credit goes to Metra.

[​IMG]
    A typical Metra Budd Gallery Car, photo credit goes to Tim Fennell.

[​IMG]
    A typical Metra Amerail Gallery Car, photo credit goes to Chicago Transit Forum user Pace831.

[​IMG]
    A typical Metra Amerail Gallery Cab-Car, photo credit goes Jeff's Photography LLC.

Heritage/Special Schemes:
    [​IMG]

Metra F40PHM-3 #211 was painted into a heritage scheme honoring the Chicago, Burlington, & Quincy Railroad, photo credit goes to Reddit user Cr0sSHare.

[​IMG]
    Metra MP36PH-3C #405 was painted into a heritage scheme honoring the Milwaukee Road, photo credit goes to Metra.

[​IMG]
    Metra MP36PH-3C #425 was painted into a heritage scheme honoring both the Rock Island Railroad and former Metra CEO Don Orseno who worked for the Rock Island Railroad, photo credit goes to Metra.

[​IMG]
    Metra MP36PH-3C #402 was painted into a special scheme honoring the State of Illinois, photo credit goes to Rob Schreiner.

[​IMG]
    Metra F59PHi #79 was painted into a modified Metra paint scheme unlike most of Metra's F59PHis which have a variation of Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner paint scheme, photo credit goes to YouTube user Yo_Adrian!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Some new Metra stuff would be nice to see. I've been wanting an F40PHM-3 added to the game for a while now. Maybe even a new route as well like the Rock Island district?

3. Average_Joe57

Average_Joe57 Active Member

I was thinking the Rock Island District or Milwaukee Road Lines would be great additions!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

This would be great! Metra deserves a lot more attention. The Electric District would be amazing too!

• Like Like x 2
  5. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

I would love the Electric district, it and the South Shore are the only electrified heavy-rail commuter operations in the Midwest.

• Like Like x 1