Advice Needed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JealousSheep768, Nov 2, 2021.

1. JealousSheep768

JealousSheep768 Well-Known Member

I am going to be a new doc at some point and I want some help.
    The things I am considering are,
    Cathcart circle
    The 313
    West Cornwall local
    dB br 187
    NTP heavy freight pack
    Rhein Ruhr osten
    Rapid transit
    Peninsula corridor
    Diesel legends
    Hamburg to Lübeck
    Class 20
    Class 31
    Which one is best

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Of those, I've probably had most play out of Cathcart Circle, Peninsula Corridor (with Baby Bullet and MP15 DLC) and RRO. Rapid Transit is less interesting.

The beauty of Peninsula Corridor is that with the loco DLC there's a real mix of services and all of the trains are quite different to each other.

RRO is a shorter route, but has closely packed stations so passenger services are busy busy. There's an interesting freight scenario on there too.

The 20 and 31 are both good locos, but the 31 best captures the run-down, rattly lows of British Rail being made almost entirely out of rust! I don't have the others, but get the impression that the 313 would be a much better choice than the 187.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Hamburg-Lübeck could be nice, but some services don't work due to a bugged signal. I'd wait for DTG to fix that one.

The only other one on your list that I have is Peninsula. I like it, but I understand if people might think it a little boring because it's a straight line for long stretches. It goes through cities, suburbs and open landscape, so the scenery is a little varied. I also got the Baby Bullet loco for it, and that one is a big Diesel beast and quite good.

I almost bought Rapid Transit during the sale, but people here said that the Talent 2's sound is bugged and you need a mod to replace it with the functioning Talent 2 from Köln-Aachen. Other than that, I can't speak to the quality of the route.

If you're willing to expand your list, I'd suggest Ruhr-Sieg Nord. Scenic, tight curves, lots of speed changes. Passenger and freight services.
    A similar but faster route, also going down a river valley, is Main-Spessart Bahn.

4. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

One additional interesting thing on Rhein-Ruhr-Osten is, that it will bring 117 additional runs on SKA (105 for the BR 422 + 6 for the 185.5 MRCE) and HMA (6 runs with the MRCE 185.5)

• Like Like x 1
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If German rail is to your taste, then I would wholeheartedly recommend Riesa-Dresden. Not only is it excellent in itself, but it has supplanted Main-Spessart Bahn as the mother lode of DB rolling stock which layers into other German routes.

My other favorites (purely personal):
    Ruhr-Sieg Nord
    Clinchfield
    Northern Trans-Pennine

DB BR 101 (not the UK 101!)
    DB BR 363

6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

DB BR 101 (not the UK 101!) uk is class 101

7. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

The first thing I would probably pick out of that is Peninsula Corridor+MP15 DLC+Baby Bullet DLC. Best pack of services and variety to my taste. The second one is the Chopper (BR Class 20) - really good too, and you get both yard switching and line runs for it.
    Don't have Cathcart circle, West Cornwal from the list so cant say anything about them.

• Like Like x 1