1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affordable Class 150/2 For Ts20xx

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Class43Harrison, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

The Thomson 150/2 was withdrawn a while back from steam, and the Armstrong Powerhouse Arriva Class 150/2 was pulled earlier this year. I think we need a 150/2 that comes with 3 or 4 liveries that is decently affordable and reasonably priced for other members of the community that maybe cannot afford to pay the £19.99 price tag from Armstrong Powerhouse. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is stunning quality from AP. I would love to get it, but the price is a bit steep for me and I am sure for many others too. I am nearly 15 and I don't want to pay nearly £20 for one type of DMU. I know it has 21 liveries and cracking sounds and graphics too, but, I would rather pay £20 for a selection of things like locos, coaches and multiple units from the steam store or other websites and get a variety of things to drive.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I did work out how much my collection was worth last year... it was somewhere near £700 spent on £1300 nominal value.
    Not a cheap hobby...

3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

OP, perhaps you missed the AP sale last Bank Holiday weekend where some items were reduced by 40%. Not sure if the 150 was reduced but it is worth checking 3rd party sites on a regular basis, they often have flash sales.

I remember being nearly 15 and really, really wanting a loco for my 00 model layout but could not afford it. :( But I did get it as a present the next Christmas.:)

4. tsted.designs

tsted.designs Member

You pay for quality. If you pay much cheaper prices you should expect less features and worse final quality. I feel Armstrong Powerhouse's prices can be justified as most of their packs have additional features that other developers might not add or even think of. This is also very unnecessary duplication when there is a perfectly good quality model available to purchase. If you really want a particular add-on, you could save up for it, much like other things in life. Or wait for a sale that would have a decent discount.

5. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

Cool. Thank you. That's good you got the 00 model you wanted.

6. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

Ok. Thank you. I understand what you are saying. I just think though if there was a 150/2 with not as good quality as AP, it would be good for starter Train Sim players and instead of them forking out to begin with, they may have a budget and say that budget was around £20, they could get some locos / route DLCs to start them off with and then work there way up to buying AP quality. I understand what you mean. Thank you. :D

7. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

No. I saw the AP Sale and got The 321 pack, the 319 Volume 2, the 142 pacer, mk 2a - c coach pack, the Mk2 DBSO, the Class 90 Fteightliner pack, The MTU Class 43, Mk3 HST enhancement pack and the Valenta Class 43, Mk3 HST enhancement pack. Cheers anyway. :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

Gee whizz! I had model 00 gauge railways once, a few years ago now. Very expensive though. Enjoyable though, don't get me wrong. :D I put the Hornby Santa's Express round my bedroom Christmas tree every year. I got it about 5 years ago when I liked model railways. I still like them, but I live the real thing. 4ft 8" 1/2 gauge. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

That's a great little collection, they are all awesome packs. Looks like you're in for a busy weekend!

10. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I broke a two year, self imposed ban on buying any dlc because I'm saving for a new pc.
    Couldn't resist the AP Mk1 pack on offer and they are fantastic. Only thing is they kill my fps, I add that that is the fault of my pc and not the product. :(

11. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

It's easy to cave in to the temptation of more trains.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Class43Harrison

Class43Harrison Member

Yup. I am. Thank you! :D