Ai Passangers Should Wear The Right Clothes For The Season

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gabe_1.0, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

It looks like the AI passengers must be freezing. The people AI don't seem to be dressed according to the weather

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This issue has been raised numerous times in various ways without results. I think you and the others are right, but I also feel that DTG should concentrate on the trains first and the characters later.

3. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

But the characters add more detail. Pulling into a summer station with passengers wearing jeans and sweaters kills the mood. Both details need equal concentration and effort.

• Like Like x 3
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Maybe that's an important aspect of why I avoid passenger train activities.

5. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

What about the people that don't though. People that prefer passenger runs probably don't like the fact that the characters are wearing clothing for 20°F weather in 80°F weather.

6. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

While I agree that season appropriate clothing would be nice, for me, that feature would be way down on my list of what I would like to see corrected / implemented in TSW.

The most important features on my list are to make the simulation to represent prototypical rail operations. I find Run8 and Zusi3 to be very satisfying because of the attention to proper system implementation from the locomotive to signaling systems. While visually both simulations mentioned leave a lot to be desired and both have a narrow focus with little variety, the keep me coming back because of the depth of operations.

In my perfect world, TSW would combine both high fidelity systems enabling prototypical rail operations coupled with the great graphics the simulation all ready possesses.

7. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

For me the current Passenger system still looks like some kind of placeholder system. The´ve done it because they needed it for GWE but might wanted to overhaul it at some point. People in depot trains, too many of the same characters standing right next to each other, wrong clothing for the current seasons, bad at path finding and too less of them at busy hours (at least on Xbox).

So for me the passenger systems needs to be redone to adress all this issues and i agree that it would help to increase the immersion if they would do so.
    Honestly i dont know where i would rank it on the list of things that needs to be done. This list seems to get bigger and bigger with issues and feature wishes (or things that they want to implement according to statements from DTG staff like Matt) without seeing much progress on most of them