Alarm Got Me Going Crazy.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IlIl_Kaos_lIlI, Mar 18, 2020.

1. IlIl_Kaos_lIlI

IlIl_Kaos_lIlI New Member

Hi,

I'm new to Trains sims, been playing TS 2020 for a week or so and have come across an annoying alarm I cant figure out. It's on the 444 class EMU On the South Western line. The alarm comes on just before the passengers finish loading at the first station, I haven't moved the train at that stage, only put the reverser into forwards. It's not the AWS or Vigilance alarm as I can cancel that with the Q button.

Any advice as to why the alarm is sounding and how to disable it?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

As per the manual, the DSD (vigilance alarm) is cancelled with the E key on these units, so Q for AWS, E for the annoying high pitched alarm
    Another thing is when you're stopped you should really be taking the unit out of drive (ie put the reverser in neutral) which also disables this alarm as it's only active in a drive mode

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The sound is not an alarm but the Hustle Sound telling the passengers the Doors are about to close.
    It happens as the doors go in to the close sequence
    Listen to this from 1m 30sec
    Not the same train but similar sound

Peter

4. ARuscoe

I think it IS the vigilance device. First time I drove the portsmouth route I fell foul of this as the door routine is just longer than the alarm timeout

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Oh, is that a part of the procedure in the UK (as that's what I mostly sim)?

Always looking to add more realistic procedures and practices to my game and it's the little things that enrich the experience.

6. ARuscoe

I heard it somewhere once. All I know is I have had far too many emergency braking applications when stopped at stations and "wandering around" without remembering I may have to press the pedal once in a while

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Even though the OP said it is Not the Vigilance Device?
    And if you don't like the Vigilance alarm you can switch it off in most trains

Peter

8. ARuscoe

Their statement was "It's not the AWS or Vigilance alarm as I can cancel that with the Q button." so I take from that that the OP believes Q cancels all, which it does on most consists, but not these ones of course

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Easy way to find out.
    Start a QD with a 444 and stand on the platform next to the door as the close sequence starts

10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

PS: At around 7:30 there's the one for the Class 360, which should be the same as the 444. IlIl_Kaos_lIlI is this the sound you hear?