"alight Here" Instruction Should Not Be Tied To A Specific Door

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by AlexNL, Oct 29, 2017.

1. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

When driving a service from Paddington to Greenford the game wants me to alight at West Ealing, as the branch to Greenford is not part of the GWE simulation (yet). The game only accepts that I've left the train when I alight from the rear cab (on the Paddington end).

In my view, the game should mark the instruction complete as soon as I've left the train. Which door I used (cab door, saloon door) shouldn't matter.

• Like Like x 3
  2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Same thing happening here. I think it has to do with the way services were programmed not respecting that the trains change direction, so it expects you to (sometimes) be in the opposite cab. If the alight instruction wasn't looking for a specific seat and door at all, that would be better overall.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

There is something fundamental wrong with the trains changing directions, you see many AI trains with wrong light setup (taillights in front) and the AI driver sitting in the wrong cab at the end of the train. I hope they can fix this soon.

• Like Like x 3
  4. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Another thing which doesn't work properly in a 166 after it has reversed is the 'Train Lighting on' button.

When you press the On button in the leading cab the saloon stays dark, when you press Off the saloon lighting goes on. After that the buttons behave properly.