Other Alot Of Scenery Problems Around Southampton Street Yard On Boston Sprinter

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by WonterRail, Sep 16, 2021.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Now I will say this, the scenery on Boston Sprinter is far from perfect. In fact, it has a lot of problems, mostly regarding either floating scenery items or areas that just look unfinished. But in this report, I want to focus the attention on Southampton Street Yard in Boston as the issues around here are worthy of an entire report around.

The first thing I want to bring your attention is the main building next to the main yard where the grand majority of trains are stored. Now both of the main depot buildings are walk through, even though they don't have an interior. But with the main depot building, it's not issue I find with it, the issue I have with it is firstly, it appears to be floating slightly of the ground. This is most noticeable on the east side of the building and is severity varies along the length of the building.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But the other issue with this building is that also on the west side, there are certain details that appear to be coming off the building. This is mostly regarding these pylon thingys that appear like they should be attached to the building.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now for some general issues regarding the subway line that's next to the yard. Firstly, there's this fence around Cabot Yard that is both walk through and is floating off the ground slightly right at the southern end of the fence.
    [​IMG]
    Next there is this bridge where one of beams seems to going through one of the running lines.
    [​IMG]
    Also nearby this bridge is this track that seems to go to nowhere. Now as much as this is how it is in real life, it does appear that the end of the track is sinking underground.
    [​IMG]
    …and finally, at a point where the Greenbush/Old Colony Lines go under a road bridge on their way out of the map, they have to pass through a lump of floating gravel that has just been left there. I know it's in an area that's you don't normally see anyways, but this would look so much better if it wasn't there. (EDIT 05/03/2022: This has now been fixed)
    [​IMG]
    But for me, the biggest problem with this part of the route, and one that's seems to also appear in not just this route but also a few other routes in TSW2, is an issue with the rail joints where the rail seems to be stretched out to varying extremes and this issue seems to be quite prevalent around this part of the route.

Firstly, there's a few in the main storage yard at Southampton Street.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then there's one on a line leading into the main depot...
    [​IMG]
    …and one actually inside the depot.
    [​IMG]
    Then you have one on a set of pointwork going into the yard.
    [​IMG]
    …and then inside the depot around MBTA's Service & Inspection yards, this issue comes up not once, not twice, but four times. They happen in the two lines going through the depot and they happen in pairs right alongside each other.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    …and finally, while we are around this area, there is this set of points outside at the south end of the Service & Inspection Yards where two sets of rails don't appear to be lined up properly and appears to be a derail hazard, but I can say from a doing a test with a MBTA trains, that this doesn't derail the train.
    [​IMG]
    …and while I am here, I should just say that none of the railing issues that I have brought up here actually derail the train. You can still drive over them just fine, it's just that the track itself looks shoddy and lacking polish.

Overall, there are certainly a lot of issues with the scenery around here (as so is the case for a lot of areas along this route) but this was an part of the route that I think needs the most attention as soon as possible as for an area that's get used a lot by trains either passing by via AI, or getting stored in the yards here, it feels glaring that there are so many issues with the scenery around here.

If you found a scenery issue around here that I have missed, then do feel free to share it down below.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2