Amtrak Metroliner Cabcar For Ts Classic

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by trainsitman#9173, May 17, 2022.

1. trainsitman#9173

trainsitman#9173 New Member

In the late 1980s Amtrak found itself with a supply of surplus Metroliner cars with problematic propulsion systems, but with sound body and frame, stored at their Wilmington and Bear shop complexes in Delaware. The coaches were, except for the propulsion systems, a near-identical match to Amfleet coaches. Twenty-nine of the 31 coaches were renumbered and used as cab control cars for corridor services. This allowed trains to operate in push-pull service, rather than needing to be turned around on a wye at terminals or to have a locomotive on each end.
    The Metroliner Cabcar Is used On Amtrak's Keystone Service Running From New York City to Philadelphia and then onto Harrisburg PA. After the Vermonter's backup move was eliminated in 2014, the ex-Metroliner cab cars have been used primarily on the Keystone Service, Valley Flyer and Hartford Line.
    Picture Below Is A modern Cabcar on that same service
    [​IMG]

This Cabcar was added to TSW 1 but not Train Simulator and has been wanted for a long time of Train Simulator. And Considering This Was all ready added for TSW 1 It has already been made and so you have the cabview and everything else. This would Bring a would of opportunity's if brought to TS2022

• Like Like x 3
  2. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It would be fun, although couldn't be sold as a separate DLC as it cannot be driven by itself. TSW ports have happened in the past so the actual act of getting it in TS isn't an issue (although it must be noted that there may be compatibility issues with the existing Amfleet coaches, particularly in relation to sizing).

3. trainsitman#9173

trainsitman#9173 New Member

could you send me some things do do that? now i stopped playing TS cause if finally stopped working for me :(

4. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Sorry, your post does not make sense. Are you asking me how to port TSW content to TS and vice versa? Because only the developers can do that.

5. TrainDriftIsLife12

TrainDriftIsLife12 New Member

I know this post is old, but if any developer sees this, I have recently acquired an operations manual, perhaps this can jumpstart development, also found an online copy of it, feel free to read it! https://www.rr-fallenflags.org/manual/metrol-om.pdf

6. LuFeDuTi

LuFeDuTi New Member

I would like to see the San Diegan an Amtrak Amfleet type Cab Car with Amtrak EMD F40PH Locomotives on the San Diego to Los Angeles Route