An Option To Remove The "mouse-dot-pointer" When Not Needed.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rogge, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Rogge

Rogge Member

There is a semi-white mouse-dot to show where the mouse pointer is. This is great to have when using the mouse to operate buttons in the cab. (See the attached image)

But, when driving i find it annoying and distractive to have that dot in the middle of the screen when it is not needed. Unless i have missed something in the Settings or a keyboard shortcut it would be great to having the option to decide that the "mouse-dot-pointer" disappears after a couple of seconds if the mouse is inactive/not used.

I want it to behave like YouTube or in media players; when one start the movie the mouse pointer is visable but after a couple of seconds of inactivity the mouse pointer disappears automatically and re-appears when the mouse is used again.

Or, what did i miss? :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. chrisvazquez7

chrisvazquez7 Active Member

That's what I would like too. But there is a way to make it disappear now. Just right click, and it will give you a standard cursor. Then just move that out of the way.

3. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

don't know the exact way but you can disable that dot without the right click

4. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi Guys,

Try pressing CTRL+8, it cycles between 100% visible, 50% visible and 0% visible.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 4
  5. Rogge

Rogge Member

Thanks all! :)

Steve, i use the Xbox controller to drive and it would be very welcome to either being able to either make the dot go away by using the controller itself or that the dot automatically disappear by default after a couple of seconds inactivity of the mouse. When starting to use the mouse, the dot re-appears.

Using the Xbox controller and being forced to use the mouse as well is not a good combo.

6. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Naturally, there are only so many buttons on the Xbox Controller - which do you suggest we use to accommodate this feature?

Best, Steve

7. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

I would suggest movement and timing trigger.
    When not moving the view around with the mouse or the controller, do a fadeout of the marker within a few seconds.
    As soon as the view gets moved or the A-Button/Click is used, show the marker immediatly.
    Also apply this to the blue circle and texthint of actionable stuff like buttons and levers with a longer fadeout-delay.

I realy dont like that whenever i 'accidentialy' point at something while i just want to look at stuff outside, that circle and texthint just stays on screen when i dont need them.

A bit like in a shooter: You need the centerpoint for aiming, but not for running around.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Could you please give us the option to adjust the function of the buttons how we want them to be? Or is there already a way to do this?