Angrier Community V2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by montes_1234, Jun 12, 2020.

1. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Does it look like to you that they do almost everything the opposite from the way wanted by the majority?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well not really, they try to do what the community wants, and I personally can see their good intentions, but the problem is that they seem to half-ass things. I don't know if it's simple laziness or lack of resources and time, but everything they do has great potential, but is always full of limitations, drawbacks and problems.

Look at this whole TSW2 thing. They upgraded the game engine to a newer version, added a few new simulation and graphical features, they also added a scenario editor and a livery editor, a cool London underground route and a high-speed ICE route. These all are things the community wanted and great news, but everything seems and feels half-assed. The scenario editor, while is more than a simple quick drive feature, still sounded a bit limiting from what they described. The livery editor sounds cool, but neither of them allow file sharing, because... why exactly? Also they don't work with the older DLCs, only the newer ones, which is pretty stupid and lazy. The ICE route would be really cool, but with only 70km in length it's too short for a high-speed route, and also comes with only two trains, even though there are a bunch of german rolling stock already made for the game. I suppose the underground route is the best, because at least it's a full route, but even that is missing a feature many people want, which is station announcements.

So yeah, I don't know if they just don't care at all, or if they would like to do these things but literally can't because of money reasons or something, but everything they make seems to fall short, even though there is so much potential in their game and add-ons. It's just so sad to see, because usually they look really enthusiastic about this whole thing, so I don't know where it goes so wrong.

• Like Like x 17
  3. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

The irony is that if they had launched as "TSW 2021", including the Bakerloo Line, plus OSD and HRR, then I think there would have been much less fuss..... but the positives, such as.....:

- three new routes, not one...;
    - new livery art utility;
    - new "QuickDrive+" function;
    - improved adhesion and skybox;
    - etc......

.... these massive positives get wiped away because they also said "by the way, if anything is broken (which it will be, because we don't test stuff)........then we won't be fixing it...."

They could have literally given us the formula for turning water into wine... found a cure for COVID-19.... and told us who was really behind the shooting of JFK..... but even if they did all this , but also told us that they won't maintain their DLC....... then you'd get the same reaction of pure disgust.......

• Like Like x 12
  4. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

Now you're just twisting the truth to your own advantage, not the first time, Plastic Pal, or shall I say snythetic.angel? As much as I really love ignoring you, I feel like responding today (I know already I'll regret this in ten minutes).
    DTG never said anything like that. Yes, they will probably not fix old DLC anymore. But let's be honest, what's so broken that it requires immediate fixing? I can't really think of much.
    DTG do indeed test products. They go through QA. So that's just a blatant lie you're spreading.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

On LIRR and on NEC you literally can't be on time because the ATC is so bugged it refuses to let you go at normal speed in some places. And LIRR misses pretty much all of the trackside signs. If you ask me, there are pretty horrible faults in a train simulator.

Then there are smaller stuff that not neccessarily make the simulation aspect bad, but are still horrible game bugs or problems. Passengers falling out of trains sometimes, horn being louder with the cab window closed, or the lack of proper AI traffic. And this is just the LIRR.

And yeah, DTG pretty much said no further fixes are coming to the currently exsisting content. It's not twisting the truth, they literally said it in the Q&A stream. And while I suppose they do testing, their either do a really bad one to not notice such obvious problems, or they just don't take the effort to fix them after noticing them.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

That is a very good point - and I think that you are right, that it is generally true that there probably isn't much. But in principle..... if TSW DLC is found to have a bug, then it should be fixed... if it is a current product, currently on sale. I would have no problem with DTG withdrawing their DLC from sale, if they do not intend to support it, accepting that it is broken beyond their capability to fix it.

It might be true that some form of rudimentary QA is undertaken, on PC. But if it is, then they have a very low threshold for accepting extremely poor quality, and then foisting it on their customers. This is, in my opinion, far far worse than having no QA at all - so I am being generous when I say that they don't test stuff (thoroughly).

But anyway, there is fairly strong evidence, quite recently, that testing has not taken place for the PS4 and XBox platforms - or that the level of quality that they were prepared to give to console players was, quite frankly..... contemptuous.

• Like Like x 5
  7. montes_1234

I think that its because they has a sweet spot for the dlcs. Track lenght and all the content. Than every route that came out has almost the same features because that it can be pushed on that target time frame. Enything more would prolong the dlc even if that is the proper testing. Not to mention introducing some new feature in terms of real rail procedures.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  8. montes_1234

So without introducing new features or improving existing ones it always feels like the same and pretty much instantly gets boring. So new routes almost always has the same features as older ones. That is the past experience of their policy. But than every new dlc feels like the same old one exept for the different landscape. But train simulation is not about just pretty landsacepes but also about realistic and engaging rail procedures. This is where this whole thing feels sad because it has the potential, but people as is gets pretty instantly bored with it.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

I'm not angry... since I heard the news about stopping all support for TSW, plus an expectation for us all to buy into TSW2, my mood has swung from disappointed to fuming with a touch of raging, choked, roused, incensed, enraged, seething, pissed off, up in arms, incandescent, in a rage, on the warpath, foaming at the mouth, at boiling point, and all 'steamed' up emotion...but now I feel fine. ;)

• Like Like x 6
  10. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

Seems to me they sold us a dud with TSW that they could / would not complete. If it were not for the stuff put out from CZ TSW would have been dead in the water long before now.
    How long before TSW 3 comes out with another price tag?

11. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

There won't be a TSW3.
    There will be a "Railway Simulator" because other studios will now be eyeing-up the vacuum DTG have created by not providing a modern version of Train Simulator (Classic). Look at all of the simulator series that have endured, all have modding communities.

12. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

My crystal ball tells me that in a couple of years either Microsoft will step up with MSTS2, or DTG themselves will come under pressure to refurbish TS1. Now I see what the TSW franchise is become, I for one would be happy to see TS1 updated with better graphics, sound etc. As so many have said, a train simulator without the community modding aspect will have a limited use and a limited lifespan. Look how popular and long lived Euro Truck Simulator 2 (and ATS) is: it would not be anywhere near as much if SCS had locked out the modding folks. Okay DTG have made some new console buddies, but they will now lose those PC users who naively thought they were buying into a bona fide "TS2".

• Like Like x 1