PC Any Southeastern High Speed Updates Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by chxsiing#6046, Aug 4, 2022.

1. chxsiing#6046

chxsiing#6046 New Member

It has been a long time since any updates have taken place with the SE High Speed route.
    There are still a few issues I feel need addressing:

The lighting whilst entering tunnels on Class 395 - No matter which tunnel you go into, the cab gets flooded with bright daylight. Very distracting and takes away the immersion.
    This includes texturing in the HS1 tunnels between St. Pancras International and Ebbsfleet International (to and from). A lot of light boxes fill in the tunnels at some points and it looks like at points where you see the tunnel walls but without the help of the headlights.

Headlights are not powerful at all! You cannot see the TVM block markers in the tunnels on the HS1 section of the route. The headlights are way more powerful in real life than what the game depicts and you should be able to see way more than you do in the tunnels. Moreover, you can't see an approaching train in the opposite direction in pure darkness in the tunnels of the slow lines in Kent. I think headlights need to be improved as a whole throughout the game.

I feel like I am nitpicking on this point but I also believe Dartford Crossing can be improved visually as it really doesn't look like the real thing being a regular commuter on Eurostar and the Javelin.

I have probably missed other bits and bobs as I mainly drive the Class 395 a lot. But those are my little issues I mostly see when I play the game.

I hope this bit of information helps improve the route slightly in the near future and if you need more information or feedback, happy to help.

Thank you!!

J

• Like Like x 1
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

There isn't any news about updates for sehs. I asked in the q&a thread during the last roadmap if southeastern high speed will get some sort of preservation crew update since it was never listed on the roadmap but that wasn't answered.

Who knew it was difficult to get a yes or no answer for such a simple question

• Like Like x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

My guess is that since sehs has most of the features such as the sky, pis, level crossings, etc, it wouldn't have a preservation update. Also there's probably not much to add for an update to happen soon. Some of the other routes with smaller updates might be cuz they need it or something. For example lirr being audio improvements, bakerloo being the timetable, lgv might be the mastery and some parts, idk. It's probably not that high priority to update compared to older routes

• Like Like x 1