Anyone Want Route Extensions?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MetrolinkF125#916, Jun 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

DTG tends to forget about dlc that’s released, whether it’s new or not, which means that we rarely get dlc for those routes, much less route extensions. We never had a route extension in TSW for not one route, ever. Not. One. Route. Unlike TS20, which does get them. I would like to cast a poll to see if anyone would like such things to happen after TSW 2021 gets announced. What routes would you like and why? Write that down in the comments! I would like DTG to extend the peninsula corridor to gilroy, NEC to new haven/Philly, and other shorter routes such as OSD, to Toronto. If anyone wants to suggest a route extension make sure to comment down there what route you would like to get an extension. :)

• Like Like x 18
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

Hmm, somehow I’m having technical issues creating the poll, meanwhile you can comment if u want for now until I try to get it working. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

RRO pivots around Hagen with RSN. In TSW. That's a sort of route extension....? Anyway... TSW has only been around for three years, whereas TS1 has been around for ten, and some of those routes (like ECML) are composed of routes made by different companies.

I am probably going to be unpopular by saying this.... but I don't want to see any route extensions in TSW for a very long time.

I want to see more variety in TSW. France, Italy, Japan, Spain, India, Australia, South Africa, Russia.... plus some metros like London, Paris, Moscow, Rome, Los Angeles. And some more varied traction like steam, overhead DC, bi-mode electro-diesel, hybrids, fourth rail, narrow gauge, trams. When the bases get covered, then maybe look to extend popular routes....?

But...I understand that everyone will have their favourite route that they want extended/developed. I could pick one myself, but I'd prefer something different every single time.

Variety is the spice of life.

• Like Like x 6
  4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The full S8 line in rro from Hagen HBF to Monchengladbach HBF is 60 miles

• Like Like x 5
  5. tallboy7648

Yes I would like route Extensions, maybe a poll should be done on wheater people want New Routes or Route Extensions

• Like Like x 4
  6. Sam7736

Sam7736 New Member

I would like to see route extensions. I think I'll be easy and want a Extension of line S3 in the Hauptstrecke Rhein-Rhur route due to the fact that the next stop after Mulheim Styrum is Oberhausen HBF which is the last stop of the line which is an additional 2.4 miles and the Distance from Essen Steele Ost to Hattigenmitte is only 6 miles with 4 additional stations. I think the full s3 line should've been added when hrr was released. It's silly that it wasn't

• Like Like x 4
  7. tallboy7648

That doesn't make sense as to why line s3 wasn't added. They couldn't add a additional 8 miles of track. It's just stupid at this point. Don't they do research on the lines they make? If I was to ask for a extension, I would like the Long Island Railroad Ronkonkoma Branch extended to Ronkonkoma. It's only an additional 23.5 miles with 7 extra stations

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see route extenstions as part of game updates example I like to see the Ruhr Seig Nort DLC expaned from Finnentorp to Siegen to complete the full Ruhr Seig line.

• Like Like x 3
  9. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

GWE to Oxford
    ECW to Ore
    Rhein Ruhr Osten to Dortmund(At least)

• Like Like x 7
  10. tallboy7648

O
    I do like Ruhr sieg nord and I wouldn't mind getting an extension of that line :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. tallboy7648

The full s8 line is 60 miles so I would like to see the full line pontally with the newer 422 that's in the hrr route

• Like Like x 2
  12. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Lirr DM30AC’s Locomotive Route from Jamaica to patchouge is 42 miles buy train stops including Babylon,bayshore,Islip,greatriver,Oakdale,Sayville and patchouge.

• Like Like x 2
  13. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I would like to see the current LIRR route get extended. Right now, the route only goes as far east as Hicksville. I would really like to see the developers extend the Port Washington Branch past Woodside, up to Port Washington. The trackage for the Oyster Bay Branch exists in TSW but from what I have heard, the camera only will go right before reaching the East Williston area. If the trackage can be extended to Oyster Bay, I could see there being the addidion of the DE/DM30 locomotive and C3's. Since TSW is a 64 bit program, I would ultimately like to see all LIRR branches be featured.

The NEC should also get an extension. Newark-Liberty International Airport --> New Rochelle is nowhere near the route length of the real life NEC route. The entire NEC corridor should be featured.

• Like Like x 5
  14. tallboy7648

I think if they were to make a full nec route, it would have to come out in phases due to how long it is but it is possible to make a full line route

• Like Like x 2
  15. MetrolinkF125#916

Hmm, I know cAcTuSjUiCe (I think that’s how u spell it maybe the capital letters are a little off) is planning on making the entire route after the editor comes out (if it even comes out), rn DTG making the route is a little unlikely since they’re gonna have to make an additional 400 miles.:|

• Like Like x 1
  16. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

That is awesome, I really hope the editor is as simple like the tools in Trainz Surveyor. I wonder if there will be a way to import DEM data to generate topographical maps for the areas that we want to create. I am the creator of the Major Tri State Area Project for Trainz. The project is not finished but I have worked on creating parts of New York City, Westchester, Dutchess and Orange County in New York. It would be interesting to see if routes like the LIRR and NEC and be merged somehow as well as added on to.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MetrolinkF125#916

Matt stated that there is an option to input google earth data in a map overlay in the editor, so yes u can input data to generate maps, a kinda cool feature since I won’t be able to travel everywhere to get an accurate representation of the route I wanna create. :)

18. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Id like much longer routes and if extensions are the easiest way to get them then yes.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sam7736

Sam7736 New Member

maybe they could do that to the long island railroad since it doesn't look the way it does in real life, so unrealistic

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep,

I’d like to see an East Coastway expansion to Hastings (or even Ore). I’d also like to see the LIRR extended and the GWE extended to Bristol Temple Meads.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes I would love to see route extensions as well.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sam7736

Sam7736 New Member

I hope with Train Sim World 2, we get route extensions and I hope those new lines are full line routes instead of the typical short routes

• Like Like x 3
  23. Plastic Pal

No no no no...... This is a GOOD day...... Let's keep it good... just this one day.... please....? ;-)

Group hug everyone. Time to cheer up....!

• Like Like x 1
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You will be happy to find out that the Bakerloo line is the full line route, goes all the way, to actual destinations, no half measures, the full unadulterated 14 miles.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Plastic Pal

That's just the Northbound route. If you add the Southbound route then it is 28.5 miles in total, call it 29 miles.... or 30 miles..... which is par for the course these days....;-D

I am obviously joking. Length doesn't really matter... as I constantly assure myself....

More seriously - if they have done the piano keyboard flooring at Westminster.... then that's worth ten miles of route just by itself.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Sam7736

Sam7736 New Member

Well because it's only a 14 mile route, I hope the ice german route is the full line route

• Like Like x 2
  27. mrchuck

I hope they’ll add the Amtrak capital limited route along with MARC commuter rail to the CSX Sand patch grade.

• Like Like x 2
  28. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'd like an extension for the Peninsula Corridor. Plus, the extension should include a UP GP60, a Genset switcher, and/or a big EMD or GE diesel for heavy freight. I'd suggest a CW44AC, ES44AC, ET44AH, SD70ACe, SD70M, SD70AH-T4, or SD60M. We should get a better selection of freight cars, too.

• Like Like x 4
  29. tallboy7648

I believe a poll should be done about extensions

• Like Like x 1
  30. Plastic Pal

And not just any poll. They should make it an extended poll. ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  31. tallboy7648

Yes a poll on if people want new routes or route extensions and if they say extensions, a poll should be done on which route they want to see extended

• Like Like x 1
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Another one? The last one was on 24th May this year. Polls don’t give answers they just end up with a handful of people saying yes and a handful of people saying no. It’s a topic that has been done to death anyway. If I see the word Ronkonkoma now it gives me the shivers.

• Like Like x 2
  33. tallboy7648

It can work though if they were offical, can't be denied

• Like Like x 1
  34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

An official poll would be a different matter. I’m sure DTG are well aware that a significant number of players want extensions and for the most part, what those extensions are. If they have already done a poll in the past, they could compare the results with a new poll to see if there is still the desire for extensions. Up to this point they have been concentrating on more routes but as the number of routes increases things change. I wouldn’t have high hopes for any extensions to TSW routes now that TSW2 has been announced though.

• Like Like x 1
  35. tallboy7648

I hope tsw 2 is a much improved game than tsw2020

• Like Like x 2
  36. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

By route:

GWE: Oxford being a good candidate and I'd like to see the branches to Greenford, Heathrow, Windsor, Marlow, Henley and Baskingstoke too. Although I'd be happy for one or the other.

RT: Maybe introduce the rest of the S6 route to Geithain or the S2 branches to Lutherstadt Wittenberg and Leipzig-Stotteritz.

NEC: Southwards to Trenton and/or Northwards to Stamford.

WSR: It's obviously already complete, but I know sometimes trains run into Taunton so it'd be cool if you could get an add-on to say Weston-Super-Mare for example.

RSN: Aside from merging it with the RRO, I think an extension to Siegen is the most popular choice.

LIRR: Oyster Bay, Long Beach, and West Hempstead branches.

NTP: Onwards to York as well as the alternate route to Manchester Piccadilly from Stalybridge.

MSB: To Wuzburg and Großkrotzenburg.

TVL: To Bishop's Auckland and maybe Nunthorpe too.

PC: Gilroy as that's the only other route I can think of tbh

RRO: Again, merge with the RSN,but also extensions to at least Dusseldorf and Dortmund.

EC: Hastings and Ore are a must, Hove would make sense and even Worthing would be a good choice.

OSD: Into Toronto pretty much.

HRR: To Dortmund and Dusseldorf, possibly even merging with the RSN and RRO

I obviously don't expect all of these to happen but I'd love to see some extensions :)

• Like Like x 8
  37. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Isn’t RRO, RSN and HRR close together? Distance wise? I love to see extensions connecting all three German routes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. mrchuck

I’ll definitely go for the Lirr Oyster bay,Long beach and west Hempstead Branch’s for TSW 2

• Like Like x 3
  39. femmerton

femmerton Member

Great Western Express extension to Oxford

• Like Like x 3
  40. tallboy7648

The distance from Mineola to Oyster Bay is 14 miles so it wouldn't be long

• Like Like x 3
  41. Michael Newbury

Well now that that LIRR has been or will be branded as Preserved content there will be no extensions to this route or any of the others very sad.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  42. Sam7736

Sam7736 New Member

if people do want to get it extended, then i'm pretty sure they will

43. Plastic Pal

No. Not only are they not going to extend LIRR, but if it turns out the new M3 has a bug, but it is only found after 6th August... then according to the common understanding on the Forum.... they won't even be fixing the bug... let alone adding a few miles of extra route content.

• Like Like x 3
  44. Michael Newbury

As of Aug 6 the LIRR will be branded as Preserved content and NO further progress of any kind will done to it Matt made that clear yesterday in the stream.

• Like Like x 2
  45. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Matt has said no route expansions are coming.

• Like Like x 3
  46. Sam7736

Sam7736 New Member

That's a shame even though people were asking for extensions many times.

• Like Like x 3
  47. Michael Newbury

It's a real shame because a lot of us were hoping for extension, but sadly not going to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Calling something an extension probably limits the number of people who purchase it to some percentage of the original owners.

But if they happen to release routes that overlap any geography, they should automatically combine in the game. Call it an original route and give bonus content to people who buy both.

• Like Like x 1
  49. MetrolinkF125#916

Yea I know, and it’s kinda sad since I wanted the LIRR, Peninsula Corridor, and GWE extended.:(

• Like Like x 6
  50. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

In reply to your post GWR there is so much not even been done with this such as working destination blinds or opening windows on the class 166 networker turbo also the route has no end of tracks that vere off in one direction or another which in itself leaves so many possibilities

• Like Like x 2