Are These Leagues For Real???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by salopbaggie, Jul 24, 2021.

1. salopbaggie

salopbaggie New Member

I have just started with this version of the game so am a relative novice. I know the players in the 'events' are AI, but now I am starting to wonder about the leagues as well. The reason I wonder is we all know how good it is, to put in a line and get a bite straight off, if you then did it again as soon as you had unhooked and cast back out, you would be thinking wow this is a good spot, do it a third time and you would be thinking it must be your birthday.

So I do not understand how the leader in league where it is all about the number of fish caught in an hour caught 86 (and I mean no disrespect if this is actually is a real person, in fact can I have some lessons please). That would mean casting out, hooking the fish, reeling it in and taking off a fish every 41 seconds, for an hour without one slip or glitch.

As I say genuine question I don't know if it is possible but in my early days of this prog it seems unlikely.

2. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Hey, thanks for getting in touch! The online Dovetail Fishing Leagues are 100% all real human players...some of which are very very good! We have a great community on Discord, feel free to join and pick the brains of some players! https://discord.gg/vMyXHtJqxA

Benjamin

• Like Like x 1
  3. e.mccord

e.mccord New Member

Have to agree with the original poster here. That's not skill as much as it's exploiting a game mechanic. The game should be balanced around holes in the AI that would allow this. There should be balance between real world simulation and arcade gaming. If some one is pulling fish in like the original poster is stating then they figured out some lure or spot that is broken and are exploiting that.