Are You Buying Less Or More Dlc Now?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I meant that DTG aren't gonna allow the issue to stand as is if they have any say in the matter. I realize it wasn't worded perfectly, but I still think it's fairly clear what I'm saying for the simple reason that later I say-
    If I was suggesting DTG are the ones imposing the cap, then I surely wouldn't go on to say they don't benefit from it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Exactly, so im still asking me why tsw content is sold for the same price or even less than ts dlcs.

Going to make changes in pricing now is not that easy and just lower the quality bar to get a higher rate of release cycles will not work either.

• Like Like x 2
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

One thing that puzzles me about this Creators Club mushkebab, are we saying that if you create a livery or a scenario there is still no means to make an external backup, i.e. to a separate location on your HD or a USB stick, etc.?

What a crock of… crock.

• Like Like x 2
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I was referring to them dropping Creators Club, not leaving the DLC limit unresolved. That is something that must be fixed whereas Creators Club is one feature and the game can survive on PS5 without it just like it can survive on PC without a full editor. I’m not expecting them to drop it of course, it was just my way of expressing that it isn’t just the DLC itself that affects the sale of DLC and whether players wish to continue using the software at all. It is still in Beta so it’s not guaranteed to survive if it breaks other more fundamental aspects of the game on a regular basis.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There is, actually. Copy your My games > TrainSimWorld2 > Saved > Savegames folder.

6. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Well for only the second time ever, I have decided not to a make a day 1 purchase. The first being when I actually lost internet service.

I have been more than happy to support the game over the past 5 years. I like to think, I have been extremely patient and understanding of all the issues we've had to put up with. But now, with the ongoing continual crashes since the unreal upgrade, the lack of preservation updates and the further problems this week, I've had enough.

If DTG can't fix simple things like the correct number of collectables on a route that has been released for many months, then I can only vote with my wallet. Whether I pick up future releases when they become heavily discounted in sales, remains to be seen

• Like Like x 1
  7. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Yes the game is not broken but you can't deny that there are still problems with the core update and still Rush Hour. I can't play the game because I'm waiting for the pres. updates, my choice that one. Your choice of referencing 'O****r C******l' is unfortunate as he isn't regarded highly (being polite) round (pun intended, lol) here. ;)

I have no great knowledge in coding but is the UE engine the best engine for a train game?

8. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Because TSW has a larger audience and is more accessible. The majority of TSW's revenue comes from console sales, so they can get away with charging 10 dollars less than TS1 DLCs, that's also not mentioning sales from the Epic Games Store and Windows marketplace. They can get away with charging less because of the sheer quantity of DLCs sold, which is why you see DLCs in games like Microsoft Flight Simulator charge less than in their previous titles.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I think the question whether it's the best depends on what your goals for your train game / sim are. Over all there are some very good points for using UE though:
    - widely spread, so good references and easier to recruit experienced staff
    - still in development and supported
    - no need to spend resources on developing your own engine
    - multi platform compatibility

Hard to find something better I guess.
    Back to topic, I'd like to compare my purchases from the first months of 2021 with this year to give a disappointing overview...
    2021:
    - LGV Med
    - SEHS
    - Arosa
    - Clinchfield
    - DB BR 101

Later rush hour in full and some more loco DLC afterwards.

2022:
    - Tharandter Ramp

... and that's it. Aside the 420 there is nothing else in sight for me as well, with probably the most noticable difference that I'm not willing to buy any DLC that I'm not fully interested in anymore. Last year I might have taken a closer look into some of the recent releases (esp. WCL maybe) but my enthusiasm is not that high after the past months. Fortunately I still get enough enjoyment out of the game that I won't close my wallet forever but right now I don't have any desire to enhance my collection with one of the recent (or previous) releases....