Armstrong Powerhouse Update Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reef, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Seems right.

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think the Steam version may be safe, as going by the statement, it's AP withdrawing the pack, not RailRight (although then again they could just be dressing it up).

3. Clumsy Pacer

And it's gone :D

Steam version's still there though, as I predicted. I think we'd have had a DTL article if the steam version was going.

4. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Blimey... AP wasted no time in taking the 40 off sale... Good job I got it earlier on in the week... Only problem is that I didn't download the extra stock that you normally have to download... Does anyone know if there was any extra stock files required for the 40???

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  5. Clumsy Pacer

6. Cyclone

I can show you what the Extra Stock for the Class 40 included. The download link to it still exists, as well, and they should be able to provide the pack for you at request anyway if you own the product.

Class 87 from WCML2 (Default is an added script):

upload_2021-11-1_1-33-36.png

WCML2 also adds Mk3aFO_AP, Mk3aRSM_AP, and Mk3aSO_AP coaches.

DT adds DT_Mk1_BSK_body if you happen to own the original Mk1s (see new package option of the original Woodhead route).

Mk1BG BR_BlueGrey_AP adds inside RailSimulator, as do these under Class 47:

upload_2021-11-1_1-36-5.png

You'll also find an BR_IC125_AP HST with the normal Class43, Mk3TFO, Mk3TRFB, and Mk3TSO folders.

RSC adds a BritishRailClass101 in BR Grey (useful since the official pack only features Blue/Grey IIRC). And finally, Class27Pack01 produces three BR Blue variants with an _AP tag on them similar to the folders in the 47 shot above (no BHCs). So this extra stock pack basically supports a set of BR Blue scenarios as they are everywhere in here.

For the record, I have a dummy install of every extra stock pack I could find, so I could tell you what's in each one. Even the old 37/9 one (though I have not put that one in the folder yet). Note that none of these packs are supported by DTG, as well, and they can't offer support for them, so use is obviously as user risk (they are however safe to use and function correctly).

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

More Class 37 updates! Normally I don't mind updates, but the 37 updates are a pain in the arse, not only because they're massive, but because it breaks all my addons. Grrrr...

8. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Is it worth is for a slight update to the AWS bell?

9. inversnecky

Cyclone, I think, mentioned the 47 sound pack has been withdrawn.

Presumably that means at least a 47 EP must be in the pipeline?

I guess it would be too much to hope for a full AP 47….

• Like Like x 1
  10. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Well, a 2.4+Gb download (and 2.4GB left on your PC) to UPDATE the AWS bell sound! I'll pass!

• Like Like x 2
  11. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

I think AP updated the installer to stop leaving the files behind. Either that or they moved the location of it. After the mass update at the start of the year, I've not found their temporary files in the usual place.

12. inversnecky

Makes it sound like the whole thing gets redownloaded.

13. inversnecky

I wondered about that, as I updated a coach pack and saw no residue in the usual folder.

14. Craigie-C

Craigie-C Well-Known Member

I still had residual files in the normal place earlier this evening.

15. Måns Johannesson

Måns Johannesson Member

I found some files in the 'temp' folder instead. Found some files from updates I ran on December 25th there to.

16. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Apologies. My earlier point was not entirely correct.
    Did you install a previous version or a branding patch? I've just installed the 2x 37 updates and branding patches. I did find files in the temp directory but they relate to the branding patches.

17. Måns Johannesson

Måns Johannesson Member

Didn't actually look very much, just found them and deleted them. However it seems to have been from all my addons since deleting them saved over 5 GB and it was just over 5 GB of files I installed.

18. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

When did you download the installer? The main pack installers seem to have been fixed at the start of 2022.

19. Måns Johannesson

Måns Johannesson Member

Downloaded everything this evening (including branding patches) since they had been updated. I usually do that if they are updated even if they aren't in mentioned in the list.

20. inversnecky

Will have to look there…

Regarding the ‘Downloaded Installations’ folder, when I first looked after hearing about AP duplicates there, I found a whopping 50GB to delete.

21. Cyclone

You can always set up a dummy install and merely copy from the dummy the files to update the AWS bell.
    I asked Richard about this when I heard the news. I have not yet received a reply. I expect I will get a reply saying they cannot confirm that such projects will be in the works. But honestly, if you're not doing anything else with it and other projects need the files (such as the 55 for the VP Deltic and the upcoming VP relying on the 47), why handicap those projects? Heck, those types of projects are the reason people still buy the packs. If you're going to retire the old sound packs, at least let them be put somewhere so people can still get them! Even if those items are their own payware! Piracy is actually more likely given the recent happenings. The 421-423 pack I have never actually seen for sale, unfortunately...
    Yeah, that can add up!

22. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I suspect the model builders talk more than we realise. I'd be surprised if no-one was working on a 47 even if it's a port from the TSW version (like DTG with the HST re-release), I would think Richard knows what the others are working on. He could never admit as such though.

23. Cyclone

You don't say? I mean, there's a reason announcements are made close to release, not at the beginning of a project.

24. inversnecky

Some of the 37 vol 1 pack scenarios now include the new NWC: what were they before, the previous version, or another route?

1926496F-2242-4784-8D49-FBA54FCD380C.jpeg

CFDD8E94-3FD1-4A36-9710-9E941A75F68D.jpeg

25. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Actually... it was. Sounds MUCH nicer and far more realistic.

26. Cyclone

The scenarios were likely moved on their end to the new folder and they were found to work, so they probably got minor tweaks and out they came. I am going to presume that they changed the folder ID to ensure there are no complications for those who have the originals installed.

27. inversnecky

I looked at my existing 37v1 manual and they were old NWC and SWC.

28. Peter Hayes

On my system, I can confirm that Richard from AP seems to have fixed the duplicate .msi file downloading into the C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Downloaded Installations folder.
    However, there do seem to be some entries now dl in the C:\Windows\Temp folder - these need clearing regularly.

These were the scenarios using the Class 37 that were included in the latest update from AP (all timetabled) for the new NWCL GUID86-a
    AP CLASS 37 FOR NEW nwc.jpg

29. Cyclone

Original folders for the same three scenarios pictured above, only here because they install with the pack. Clearly, I do not have the route as I would unpack the other scenarios here.

upload_2022-1-23_17-58-47.png

For the record, the fourth scenario comes with the Just Trains Voyager Advanced.

30. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I have a question about AP pack updates (well 3 actually).
    Firstly, if I download updates to packs I own, will the previous scenarios be removed?
    Secondly, do I just download the updates and install them in the same way I would download a just purchased item?
    Thirdly, what happens if one of the updates uses a pack that I don't own?

31. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

First Question: No, I recently updated a pack and it did not remove any scenario completions. This is likely due to the fact save data saves to the cloud (for example if you un-install a route / locomotive and re-download it on steam, your completion isnt erased) So you should probably make sure Steam Cloud saving is turned on in the Steam settings.
    Second Question: Yes
    Third Question: If it directly affects the locomotive, then the locomotive will probably no longer work. If it doesn't affect the locomotive but affects a scenario, then it shouldn't really do anything to the main locomotive you bought.
    That's the info that I know, hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  32. inversnecky

Regarding question one (scenario changes), that was one reason I haven’t updated the 205, as some of the scenarios using the 205 replace it with the 411/2.

So to double check, if I upgraded, I would have duplicate scenarios, one for each class?

if not, I suppose a workaround would be to clone all the existing 205 scenarios and then run the update, to preserve them?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

One problem you might have is the Class 205 scenarios could possibly use some stock you don't own.
    Personally I would cut those from those scenario folders to another location then paste them back in after the download

34. inversnecky

How do I identify the 205 scenarios - both location and name - is it a string of numbers?

I had a look in Assets\RSC\Brighton Mainline but see no scenarios folder.

Completely new to this, sorry!

Looking at the new manual, there are no changes made, despite the update saying they'd been taken over by the 411/2. And upon checking the update log, things must have changed again, as the scenarios have no longer been awarded to the 411 but now the 455:

update.png

These are the 205 scenarios in my existing version (which are the same as the latest manual version too):

Untitled.png

35. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

They would be under Content\Routes\00000034-a000-0000-0000-000000002012\Scenarios\

36. inversnecky

Thanks, Danny, it's a while since I've delved in there, and I wondered why I couldn't see a folder called Routes - I forgot it was in the Content folder.

I found London to Brighton scenarios, but I wouldn't know which are the 205 ones:

scenarios.png

• Like Like x 1
  37. Cyclone

LocoSwap and TS-Tools both let you list scenarios with IDs by route. Identify them easily, back them up, install, restore.

38. inversnecky

Thanks, so no alternative to the hard slog of identifying mind numbingly long numbers, then!

39. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you have TS Tools you go to Scenarios > Edit Scenarios and pick the London to Brighton line
    Sort them by name and you will see they are prefixed APC205 and on the right is the Hex number
    L2B.png

Peter

40. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Alternatively - Start the Game > Build > Scenarios and find London to Brighton
    Scroll down until you find the scenario you wand the hex for and click on it
    L2b in game.png The hex is in the box on the RH side

41. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I make a note of only the first 2 groups of numbers/letters as whilst it is clearly possible for two items to be the same except for one character in the game I have never seen any even close. Saves a lot of scribbling down!

• Like Like x 1
  42. Cyclone

In LocoSwap you can directly open the folder. Not home now but can get a picture later.

43. Cyclone

Follow-up to the above post. I quote again:
    Here is a screenshot of LocoSwap looking at Miami to West Palm Beach. I have scrolled to some Workshop scenarios, including an excellent one highlighted that Matt himself once played and is first on a US video playlist on his Youtube channel. That scenario has a folder of "4c87-skipafew-4901".

upload_2022-1-26_20-0-25.png

Notice the button that says "Open scenario directory". That goes here:

Quick, convenient, and easy to locate any folder for any scenario. You can find and delete unwanted scenarios easily, or create backups before making edits to them in TS-Tools, LocoSwap, or in the game itself. You then have a copy you can restore.

BONUS: You can also easily grab your AP loco pack scenarios and create a personal directory to preserve the copies you want. Then, after installing an update, copy the originals back in.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  44. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Where is this LocoSwap available from Cyclone?

45. Dom5619

Dom5619 New Member

• Like Like x 1
  46. Cyclone

Another note: Edit Scenario is a lot like TS-Tools but a lot quicker. You can also specify a train number and ensure it's legit. with the provided list of available loco numbers for the model used.

In this example, using the same scenario, I moved to replace a UP SD40-2 with the SD40 variety available from Clinchfield Railroad. Notice the directory is not present, meaning it's still packed in the AP file and all trains were found within the AP file. TS-Tools cannot do this. That said, I believe when looking at stock in a scenario, it must find it unpacked to confirm you have it. It doesn't mean you don't necessarily have it if it's from Steam directly.

upload_2022-1-26_22-12-35.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. Peter Hayes

Cyclone
    With locoswap in the scenario editor can you delete multiple consists at once (in TS-Tools you can only delete one at a time and you have to save and restart the scenario in the TS Editor before deleting the next consist, Tedious when you have a lot of consists!) That would be a huge help when ascertaining which consist might be contributing to the scenario not playing!
    Thx
    pH

48. Cyclone

I can say that, even in TS-Tools, you CAN make multiple changes at once. It may appear that something doesn't change, but you can go back and the changes are all made next visit. However, as you say, LocoSwap is more convenient.

49. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The only thing that you cannot do in TS Tools is delete more than a single consist at once and then you have to save.

Does Loco swap make backups of the original scenario?
    With TS Tools if you have "fluffed it" you can return to the default scenario

50. Cyclone

In my experience, I have seen backups created, yes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1