Armstrong Powerhouse Wip Dlc News

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blazin, Apr 6, 2022.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

And the pool of DTG only simmers eligible for the screenshot contest will likely diminish even further!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

Considering? Just do it. You bought it, and sat on it for so long that version 2 is just about to drop. It's obsolete before you even install it :) What a waste of money. I don't get why you would spend money of DLC, and never install it. What do you mean you wanted to show the stock routes first? You mean on your YouTube channel? Why? Surely you would want your videos looking as good as possible? There are a lot of routes, it will take you years to do that anyway. So you will be installing it around 2030 then? :) I don't get it, sorry. Just baffling. Get it installed... at least get a few days use from it before it becomes obsolete.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

cant understand it neither tbh why would you buy a pack that enhances the sim and not install it.

4. Pookeyhead

(shrug). I mean, it's his money, so he can do what he wants I suppose. I just don't understand why you would do that. It's not like is something you could collect, like action figures that are worth more in the packaging etc. Unless you install it, you may as well have withdrawn the cash from the ATM and just thrown it away. I'm just really curious to find out why.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

It's a collecting hobby. You buy things to complete the set. Not to use them.

I've bought DLC I've not yet used. This was because the price was good and I might want it in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pookeyhead

I suppose, but I don't get it. There's no thing... no artefact to appreciate until you have installed and used it. Why save it for the future? Why not just install it, particularly something like this that is a global change that enhances the quality of the game. You've paid £15 to improve the game, then carry on using the game without it. I just can't get my head around that, but.... different strokes for different folks I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

They have a point, it's not like a route pack you buy for its assets and you might pay later - enhancements like these are no-brainers to install... There are effectively no reasons not to install it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Not much point in speculating. We will see.
    I have two specific reasons. One is initial route videos. The second I should probably not discuss. I am thinking of doing manual installs to routes I have visited now, I am around my 30th route at this time so it makes sense to start installing it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I don’t think you have read the manual either if you think you can install it to specific routes and job done.

10. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Looking at the latest update I’m struggling a bit to see how RWE will remain necessary.

eek

6D955D78-604B-4DBC-8FAE-A37E0E59A508.png
    690D5C5A-BAA0-4611-A640-7A4CA115188C.png 011A86C9-DB6E-4E9B-BC84-1F32A95653E7.png

• Like Like x 3
  11. Pookeyhead

But you can still make the route videos with it installed. Why do you need to make the videos without it?
    Why not discuss manual installs? It will automatically be installed on all supported routes, but the manual explains how to install it on routes that are not supported, so not sure why you are not sure whether you can talk about it. However, if it's DTG routes you are talking about, it will install on all of them... or nearly all of them. You don't get to decide. If a route is supported, it will be installed for that route... not just DTG ones either. Read the manual.

12. Pookeyhead

It still does things that the AP weather pack cannot... lots of things actually. You can set vegetation variations levels. You can alter how point light sources act. You can fine tune anti-aliasing better, and it's far more efficient than the in game AA. You can alter how glass reflections appear. The only thing in RWE that will become redundant are the fog and bloom settings.

13. JetWash

…and the glass now by the looks of it.

I assume you’re talking about RWE 2 regarding AA?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pookeyhead

No... RWEPro... the first one, although it would apply to version two as well I suppose.

15. JetWash

I’ve got pro. Have I missed something here? The only AA setting I’ve noticed is the FXAA setting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pookeyhead

Which is a shader based anti-aliasing method.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JetWash

Yeah. I find it barely touches the sides sadly. TSC needs as much AA as possible to make it look ok IMHO. Anyways, back on topic…

18. Pookeyhead

That's not my experience here. In fact, it allows me to run fairly modest AA levels in game, and the deficit made up with RWE, allowing more performance. What resolution you running at?

yeah.. sorry for going off on a tangent

19. JetWash

4K, and I’m running the FXAA shader in RWEPro and a pretty high AA setting in game. It’s pretty brutal on my GPU but it does look good!

20. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

RWEPro and RWE2 (exactly the same thing as far as the shader enhancements go.. EXACTLY, not nearly the same.. exactly) have a lot more functionality and versatility than you are giving it credit for, the shader parameters are also extremely customisable from window tint, fog enhancement to vegetation and other lighting enhancements (that AP possibly wont cover) even RWE doesn't get everything though which is why many of us use a combination of RWE shaders and Re-Shade shaders, this AP pack will just be another weapon in our TSC can look just as good as and in many ways so much better than TSW arsenal, we should be able to fine tune and customise the three to get a balance and harmony of what we want out of them.

No suppose about it mate putting aside all the HUD and sounds overlay the shader enhancement section of RWE2 is identical to RWEPro, in fact I've gone back to Pro myself recently as I just wasn't using the RWE2 other features and cooking does become a little pita after a while I will admit.

I will miss the consist creation and I may re-install it at some point solely for that but again that cooking... It does become a bore when you have a lot of content, no denying it, I just wish it would let you access the shader tab and the Other tools/Consist editor without needing to cook every damn time. (sorry for the off topicness, normal services may now resume..)

• Like Like x 1
  21. JetWash

It’s almost the same. I submitted a ticket for issues with the fog shader and he confirmed the problems are fixed in 2 and are supposedly coming to Pro. No sign of them as yet though sadly.

22. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Oh, interesting. But as I said still the same just not updated/bugfixed it seems, that's unfortunate.

• Like Like x 2
  23. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

I run RWE2 as much for the updated UI (I like not knowing how far away the next signal is) and for the visual improvements. I am hoping they can coexist.

24. Pookeyhead

Yep... I recall posting about this in a thread a few month ago.

25. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

[
    Nah, something else I shouldn't discuss. I have not actually read the manual requiring installation, but I know I have done a manual install of the 43 and it worked just fine for what I installed. I'll check the manual regarding the sky and weather pack, as I would love to add it in on the tail end of a set of default scenarios.

26. Pookeyhead

I'm not sure what you mean by "manual install", or adding it on to the tail end of a scenario. The whole scenario would need to use AP weather patterns.

27. JetWash

That was just the oddest post! At the end of the day this is AP’s weather pack we’re talking about, we’ve all got it and have had it for years.

You’re not holding the secret keys to the Kingdom here!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  28. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

I dont think you fully understand what this pack does. As Pookeyhead has said the scenario has to be PROGRAMMED to use the weather you cant just load a scenario and bang the weather is working thats not how it works.

• Like Like x 1
  29. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. Pookeyhead

Maybe it's a resolution thing then, as I'm at 2560x1440. I use relatively low in game settings, and use the FXAA in RWE, and it looks fab here too... not a trace of aliasing on OHLE, or anything else for that matter, and considering I'm running a Sandybridge CPU and a Maxwell based GPU it never ceases to amaze me how much mileage I'm getting out of this old machine.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

A scenario does not need to be programmed to use the AP Weather pack for it to work. It's quite easy to make another route to use the AP Weather and it will work in the routes scenarios and quick drive. The process is this, go to the folder for the AP Weather Enhancement Pack and then go to the TimeOfDay folder in it. There should be 4 files in there named after seasons. These are simply named Autumn, Spring, Summer and Winter. Then go to the folder for the route you want to apply the weather to, and if it has a TimeOfDay folder in there then just paste the AP Season files in there and it should work. However 2 problems may happen. There may be no TimeOfDay folder for a route and all you have to do to get past the problem is just create a folder in the routes folder and name it "TimeOfDay" and paste the season files in there as usual and it should work. The other problem is that some few routes use different names for their weather seasons. For example Summer for a certain route may be named "Summer_Weather" instead of just "Summer". If you were to paste the AP Files in there as they were before it won't work. You will have to find out the names for the routes weather seasons and rename it to that. So in this case, you would be renaming the "Summer" file to "Summer_Weather". Same goes for the other season files and it should work after that! Luckily not too complicated. Hope this helps! :D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  32. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

EXACTLY like i said its needs "programmed" you cant just install the pack then launch into TS it requires the users to do some work

33. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh I see what you mean. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you meant that a scenario needed to be programmed with the AP Weather for the AP Weather to actually work in a scenario on another route not included in the routes affected when you first download the pack.

34. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

For weather changes during the scenario ie showers and duration that requires some extra work but just for the generic weather which will stay the same for the duration then ie it works as you described. No need to say sorry buddy your good.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Sunrise and Sunsets! :love:
    Sunrise and Sunset.png

• Like Like x 2
  36. Pookeyhead

If you want any changing weather in the scenario, it does,

• Like Like x 1
  37. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

I think AP provide a sample .lua file that can be used along with triggers in the scenario to change the weather.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

That does look pretty impressive - add a nice reshade preset into the mix and it'll look even better

• Like Like x 1
  39. Pookeyhead

This wait is even worse than the wait for the class 87!! It's killing me.

• Like Like x 3
  40. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not as clear a picture but a teaser non the less.. click the image for a full size version.. Image2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  41. JetWash

It’s fair to say I can’t wait for this. Wonder what he’s managed to do with snow…

• Like Like x 1
  42. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

If it’s not released tomorrow, we need to march on AP Towers. :)

• Like Like x 1
  43. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

He mentioned in a Facebook post there is not much he can do with snow

44. 37418

37418 Member

That was in regard to creating physical snow, such as on platforms where it's been shovelled up. There could still be something new with falling snow like there was in the original pack.

• Like Like x 1
  45. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Thanks

46. JetWash

Could today be the day? :cool:

47. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I hope so!!!

• Like Like x 1
  48. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

He's previewed: sun + shadows, clouds, rain, fog, carriage lighting, sunrise/sunset. I've not seen snow. Maybe he will do that before release.

• Like Like x 1
  49. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

If there is a snow preview, could it be that trains will kick up snow as they move and have snow textures? Or is that purely based on the train scripts themselves?

50. JetWash

Not today obviously but another stonking teaser. Click on the second image for the full quality screenshot.

946315C1-E2AB-4256-BDE1-B32A0A3DD4ED.jpeg 6B3ED80B-43BB-4AA9-AAC6-DAB310D4E4F4.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 6