Armstrong Powerhouse Wip Dlc News

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blazin, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Sure, I would be happy to. I just sent a friend request, my steam profile has the same name as I do on here as well as the same profile picture. :)

2. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

4. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Since I wasn't able to post my RW Enhancer 2 and Train Simulator Classic in-game settings anywhere else I will post them here for you.
    RW Enhancer 2 1.png
    RW Enhancer 2 2.png
    Settings 1.jpg
    Settings 2.jpg
    Settings 3.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Perfect thanks for that Blazin and for the chat on steam

• Like Like x 1
  6. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

7. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

No problem!

8. Johnno124

Johnno124 Active Member

That video was released on the 14th of January 2019, 4 Years ago. The EP was released 23rd of January 2019

9. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

10. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

I clicked on that link like an idiot so have just changed my FB password and reported the post. Something’s not right about it IMHO.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Pookeyhead

Which link? Mine or Cragie C's? Mine is a link to the AP website, and Craig's was a link to a video posted on Facebook by AP. There's nothing suspicious about either of them. The only suspicious thing is why he hasn't noticed there's a 68 EP when it's been out for years LOL

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
  12. JetWash

Cragie C’s. I’m suspicious because there was a very similar post on the TSW forum about a week or so ago that looked totally innocent but was anything but. Just because the FB post it links to looks legit doesn’t mean it is.

As you said, anyone who has played TSC for more than 5 minutes knows that 68 pack EP has been out years! There is literally nothing that could suggest to someone now that it is an imminent release.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pookeyhead

• Like Like x 1
  14. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

15. 37418

37418 Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Hmmm - it seems to do with the screen size. I'm running at 2560x1440 borderless and the extra shading follows a box, which matches a 1980 x 1080 screen size.
    box-riviera-line.jpg
    I'll just try reverting the RWEnhancer shaders to default and and see what happens.

17. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

It went away when I enabled radeon "super resolution", which means I run the game at 1080 and it is upscaled to 1440. I'll see what impact it's got on my frame rates.

18. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

A large wage of Armstrong Powerhouse DLC has just been updated to use the Sky and Weather Enhancement Pack 2.0.
    Weather Update Post.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the slow process of 1 by 1 by 1 download starts

• Like Like x 2
  20. JetWash

I have to agree. It’s great the packs have been updated but the download and installation process of AP’s stuff is painful. There must be a better way of doing it than this….each main pack also requires a branding patch to be installed and many of them require extra stock, all located on different pages.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

1) Nowhere does it state you must download and install all the updates in one go.
    2) Unless specified in the update log you DO NOT need to redownload and or install the branding or extra stock packs

Sorry to de-wibble you.

22. JetWash

‘de-wibble’. Sigh.

1) I never said it did. My point was more general, the way the site is set up makes downloading and installing AP products a pain
    2) If you install any main pack (as you will obviously do here) you will over-write your previously installed branding patch with the full set of de-branded liveries that come in the Main Pack. You will absolutely need to install the branding patches again for every pack you update. You’re correct about extra stock however, that only needs doing if it says so in the update log.

Thanks for the unnecessarily combative contribution though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. JetWash

Aside from the above, a word of warning for RWE users.

Even with the latest, supposedly compatible, update of RWE and even if you have disabled the shaders through the RWE app, if you have utilised the RWE shaders even once since installing the S&WP2.0 you will need to reinstall the AP pack.

Symptoms I saw included some properly funky and overblown bloom effects and luminous blue mist on the horizon.

24. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

You're right I'm completely wrong about the branding patches, apparently though so are Armstrong Powerhouse, be sure to let them know will you..

Many thanks..

Image452.jpg

(do I sigh now or did I miss my sighing window?)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. JetWash

You might not need to re-download them assuming you have a local copy, but you will definitely need to re-install them. For example, the Class 800EP;

Before re-installing the Main Pack;
    2.jpg

After re-installing the Main Pack;
    1.jpg

Of course, this wasn’t the point I was making. I still maintain that to have to sit and click to download each pack one by one is a pain. I can’t believe it’s beyond the considerable talents of AP to set the site up such that you can tick everything you want to download, hit ‘go’ and it all happens without further intervention.

Also, the download speed coming from the site isn’t exactly sparkling. On a 1GB connection I never get more than 6MB/s downloading from AP which, when you have a significant amount of data to get and you have to select each download one by one, takes a heck of a long time. That’s before you then have to run each installer one by one and then finally, once you’ve done all of that (and I appreciate this has nothing to do with Richard), you then have to reinstall all the revamp packs / skins/ improvement patches that have also been overwritten but are required by virtually ALL 3rd party scenarios.

I do it because I love AP products, but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t be better and easier for the end user. In this instance it would a million percent easier if the scenarios were packaged separately to prevent all this unnecessary faff, it would also massively reduce the data throughput of the site which I guess costs a lot of money.

ps Also, and just for good measure, the installer(s) don’t clear out their temp files once done. I’ve just installed those 31 items and cleared 16GB of left over files out of my temp folder. That could be a bit better IMHO

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. JetWash

To be fair, the 800EP pack wasn’t on the update list so I went and downloaded the FSA/FTA Wagon main pack as that is. As you pointed out, the Update Log does not say that the Branding Patch needs redownloading for any of today’s updates. You should hopefully know what's coming next though;

After I installed the downloaded Main Pack;
    1.jpg

After I re-installed the branding patch;
    2.jpg

Hopefully that helps put this one to bed.

27. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

The updates edit the scenarios. Do a fake install to your desktop and move the new scenarios in. That is it. Delete afterwards.

I have to do the opposite. If a vehicle is updated - like the 319 in my case - I have to fake install, apply branding patch on desktop, then copy all folders from Assets instead of Content. I can run the InstallMe to be sure all is well with GEOs once there.

28. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

which rather than messing around with all that can be made easier by just running the installer with a few clicks

29. JetWash

More downloading to do ;)

0F7DAAC7-B4CF-4B2C-B9B2-851955260352.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

My poor router...

• Like Like x 1
  31. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

I would only download when needed. I doubt anyone will need all in one scenario!

32. JetWash

I just did it the lot, Branding Patches ‘n’ all :cool: Bit quicker than yesterday as they’re all the EP’s.

I’m losing count though of the number of times I’ve updated the Class 700 and had to redo the custom scripting for the Semaphore Simulation enhancement pack to the Enhancement Pack because I forgot to back it up.

• Like Like x 1
  33. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

same as you just downloaded them all then that’s all done and up to date.
    We won’t see Reef for a while he is busy applying all his updates again and mods lol

34. PlatinumSLS

PlatinumSLS New Member

• Like Like x 6
  35. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Done ages ago mate

36. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Is that your own personal script, JW? What does it do?

37. JetWash

It’s in the readme how to do it. I think the idea is you can copy and paste the script but OpenOffice doesn’t seem to display it properly so I have to type it myself. It adds lights and animation to the door buttons, a really neat touch. I’ve literally had to do it 5 times now because I forget it’s there and keep overwriting it with updates!

It’s a great little pack though, really adds that extra level of detail to the 700EP.

• Like Like x 1
  38. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

It's available from SemaphoreSim.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I have it saved in a .txt document if you want it, not really unauthorised sharing if it's copy and pasting text from a manual I think.

40. JetWash

Hey, that’s kind of you to offer but don’t worry. I’ve typed it so many times I can do it in a couple of minutes now. I must just back up the edited file, that would be easiest! :)

• Like Like x 1
  41. holt.alistair

holt.alistair Member

Hi, has anyone downloaded this update. I have the Cynxsworkshop Class 37’s pack installed and from what I can see this download will update the ‘late10s’ file which will stop the Cynxsworkshop patch working. As the Cynxsworhop website has gone I am trying to contact them through FB but with no success yet.
    Has anyone any ideas how I can get around this? Thanks Fred

42. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Armstrong Powerhouse appears to be working on improving the Signal Enhancement Pack and the Sky and Weather Enhancement Pack 2.0, they also talked a bit about the possibility of a future British Rail Class 47 Locomotive Pack.
    Weather Post 8.png
    Weather Post 9 and Class 47.png

• Like Like x 5
  43. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Signal pack is the only AP product not purchased but the class 47 is a favourite which I will buy on release.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't think AP are going to make a Class 47 - They said
    "To try and clear up the talk of a 47 once and for all, we are trying to hold out for a high quality new-build. "
    Not they would make one themselves.
    "Of course, the new build may well not materialise - then we will have to try and work with what is already out there for an enhancement pack."

All the people buying the Class 47 pack from AP might have a wait.

• Like Like x 3
  45. Pookeyhead

Doesn't mean they won't be selling one... just that they may not be making it. They didn't make the 87 either, but it was still sold as an AP product. Seems to me they are committed to doing one, but they would like to try and make a ground up build rather than a EP.

46. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

They should collaborate with GST on the 47!

• Like Like x 1
  47. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Tbf AP have never made models, Richard's not a modeller (as far as I'm aware anyway), so undoubtedly he's playing the same waiting game as the rest of us, he'll have to wait till someone (Gü, Waggonz, or whoever) make one then he'll sprinkle his magic fairy dust on it (just to be clear I'm not calling Richard a fairy btw).

I honestly can't see a collaboration between AP and GST for the simple reason Duncan has put a lot of time and effort into learning the ropes of not only the modelling but also the scripting, animating, physics, sounds and everything else needed to get something from an imagination to a fully functioning in-game piece of rolling stock, why would he just build a model for AP to do what he's already learnt to do himself?

• Like Like x 1
  48. Pookeyhead

Duncan! 47! :)

• Like Like x 1
  49. 390001

390001 Well-Known Member

Why should they Duncan has clearly shown he is more than capable of doing it alone and any money he makes is his he don’t need to split it with anyone

50. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

AP are masters of texturing and sounds. I'd suggest GST don't quite match them yet, so a jointly developed project makes sense to me.

• Like Like x 1