PlayStation Arosa Line: Red And White Sign Preventing Departure From Peist, Despite The Signal Showing "clear"

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Suomen surkein junakuski, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

1209e3f8-b166-4920-8af0-c6e5d267604f.jpeg
    When I close the doors at Peist and few other stations, the signal next to the junction shows that you are clear to go. However in the HUD, the red and white sign is still red. I have failed the service many times when playing without the HUD, because then you can never know if you can actually go, or not.
    However, this can be avoided by pressing the departure button on the platform, but the problem is, that there isn't a one in Peist, or at least I have not found it. Today I was doing an R1444-service to Chur, when this occured at Peist. As I didn't find the departure button I had to ride to the next station as a passenger and then continue driving to complete the service.
    I hope, that this gets fixed soon. For me, it is a really important thing to be able to trust the signals. It is also a bit confusing and inconsistant, that in some stations you must press the departure button, to get the green light in the HUD, and sometimes you don't have to press it.

2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Contact the signaller , might not work though

3. Suomen surkein junakuski

That doesn't work. It just says that "proceed as signals indicate", or something like that.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Because of a peculiarity in TSW, when you are stopped the HUD often shows the signal behind you. Trust the signal you can see in the game and start off, you will see the HUD show the correct signal once you are moving. It’s been an issue for a while and happens on lots of routes when you are driving a loco or train which has a cab at both ends that doesn’t ever go out of a portal. Half the time the game thinks you are reversing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Suomen surkein junakuski

Yeah, that's an issue too. The game often shows the signal behind the train, when the train is stopped, as it did on this run too. However I doubt that this problem is caused by that, because when I took the picture above, I was going forward 3.7km/h and the hud showed that the signal was getting closer. Also I have failed services many times, when going past the signal, that seemed to be clear.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Well that is odd. Must be another issue causing it then.

7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

if it says that then you can proceed

8. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Red and white board simply shows you where to stop. It can be passed because it isn't an actual signal, just a location marker. When you get the green signal you can pass that board no problems. Look at my post in the xbox section for all the signal rules on this line, it may help you out.

9. Suomen surkein junakuski

That's the way it is in real life. However in game it shows as a signal in the HUD (look at my screenshot above), and sometimes when you pass the sign you fail the service, even though the sinal behind is showing green. I think the sign is showing as a signal in game to prevent collisions between trains, as the following signal is behind the track switch, and therefore if you stop right in front of it, you would be in another train's path. However it's clearly broken and needs to be fixed.

10. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Weird not an issue on xbox.