Arosa Line Stats Now In Steamdb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

My expectations are set: don't be broken and make me think I'm in the Alps driving GE 4/4.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

In my opinion it's not neccessarily a problem with LODs, but just the absence of proper scenery. Distant scenery in TSW often is really ugly because it's all just plain ground painted with the same texture.

Drop in more 2D trees and take a bit more time on painting the ground and it would look million times better. And that's not going to have any impact of performance. 2D trees are like the cheapes thing ever, and every meter of the ground is already painted. Performance wise it doesn't matter what color it is painted in, the only difference is in development time.

Maybe they could work on a tool that automatically spray paints textures a bit differently, just like many editors have an unevenness/noise generator for terrain surfaces. Or maybe they already have something like that in their editor, who knows.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  3. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

For anyone interested I stumbled upon this nice cab ride of the route on YT recently.

Although in 2021 and therefore not onboard a Ge 4/4 II it might be nice to see for anyone who's not familiar with the route.
    I'm particulary interested in how the Area around Chur will be recreated and hope the current limitations can make it possible that the mountains look good as well. :)

4. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I agree. Even RSN's mountains look much better than MSB because of the dense population of 2D trees that aren't affected by the same LOD fuzziness of SpeedTree.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1