Arosa Timetable Fix?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fabristunt, Jun 29, 2021.

1. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Is there an update on this? Now that Cathcart Circle is out, will Rivet finally fix the timetable on Arosa?
    It's been a while. With a proper timetable it would become a really enjoyable route!

Jasper_Rivet
    Do you have an update for us? Something other than empty promises if possible...

• Like Like x 10
  2. fabristunt

upload_2021-7-29_0-1-19.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  3. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

They lie to us.

• Like Like x 5
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

It’s likely in one of the following filing folders

• suckers bought it now so don’t worry.
    • There’s still mileage in saying we’ll fix
    • Don’t fix old routes whilst making years of new
    • Claim nothing is wrong with it
    • Arosa, did we release that?
    • Yes it will be fixed :)D:D:D:D:D:D)

Check out rivet forums, you can pick up the company lines there.

2845096E-E12D-472D-AAC7-9FE79CFBB184.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think the timetable is wrong on IoW too. It seems very difficult to get to some stations on time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Unless u use the reverser 2

• Like Like x 4
  7. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I bought the 204 and Arosa at full price and it is clear to me that Rivet will not cheat me a third time.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

The Arosa timetable needs changing urgently. It is completely incorrect. For me, being able to stop at stations on time is a key element of the game - it's a way I judge how well I am driving, and without being able to stick to the timetable, even when driving to all speed limits, it's a real disappointment for me. It destroys my immersion, knowing that something is off. Service mode is a key part of TSW, and it needs to be implemented correctly.

I am hesitant to buy future routes from Rivet until they resolve these basic elements - fundamental aspects such as timetables are a non-negotiable for me. Furthermore, DTG have been increasingly proactive at resolving noticeable issues when a new route is released. This is what the community now expects. Rivet would do well to do the same and not wait an infinite amount of time, without communicating when or if changes will be made.

With the roadmap, preserved crew and increasingly better communication for DTG (whether we agree with their decisions or not), I am less tolerant of waiting for issues to be resolved by other parties where there is a lack of clarity. It has and will have a impact on my decisions on what routes to purchase in the future.

• Like Like x 11
  9. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Come on Rivet! Fix it and stop placating your clients.

We can live with the awful scenery (though you've supposedly become "scenery wizards" since...) and the potato stack that are the mountains in Chur but the timetable and altogether lack of movement on this (at least publicly) is shameful. Lousy company.

• Like Like x 7
  10. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

We should get a refund for scamming and betraying us with wrong promises

• Like Like x 6
  11. DampWool

DampWool Member

I find it difficult to understand why you guys berate Rivet for these defects. Your contract is with DTG and it is they who are ultimately responsible for the quality of all DLC. I suspect that Rivet have already implemented some fixes but DTG is waiting for a time that is convenient to them before releasing. I have been waiting for a fix on another route that Adams team implemented last March but has been scheduled for release with Rush Hour and still with no firm date.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Let's see what will be the excuse for the wrong timetable on the new UK route

• Like Like x 3
  13. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

Try to sue them...

14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

DTG JD can you do something about Rivet Games are not proof there word to fixed the Arosa Timetable please since 6 Months

• Like Like x 3
  15. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Time and time again, Rivet Games continuously lets down the community by playing down known bugs and giving us a ‘copy and paste’ response whenever asked about it. This is terrible and the lack of transparency makes the community angry.

Instead of providing us with a ‘copy and paste’ answer, please can you give us an honest answer, and not be left in the dark like we were with the Isle of Wight class 483 livery designer bug.

It would also be nice if the Community Manager from Rivet Games (Jasper_Rivet ) gave us an explanation.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  16. chieflongshin

It will be “hi guys, we thank your feedback, we’re working hard to fix this and will update you soon. Stay tuned”

Alternatively “what issue”

• Like Like x 3
  17. Jinoss17

Probably more the second one. They still didn't acknowledge their messed up psysichs that was there when they released this dlc.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BladesAndRazors

BladesAndRazors Member

Currently it looks more like:
    We know about the issues but won't fix them. Now go crying.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Jinoss17

"And look at our magnificent, bug-filled, brand new upcoming route"

• Like Like x 4
  20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

JD Said something about it, it’s doesn’t seem like a Update is coming soon.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yall can blame dtg as well. DTG at the end of the day are the publisher

22. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

I have decided since the Arosa debacle to not buy any future Rivet product, even if it is a route I am interested in. Enough is enough.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

The Rivet team are aware and are looking into it - from what I can gather, it's more complex than initially thought. We'll update when we hear any more news.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. lukereynolds1

Yep, I can imagine a broken timetable that wasn't implemented correctly, was passed off as being realistic, was overlooked in the release streams, and then ignored for months, would be "more complex than initially thought". A new timetable needs to be made for the route, which will take time and cost the company money. Yeah... I can see how this would be a complex issue for Rivet! Best to brush it under the carpet for as long as they can and hope the problem goes away.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  25. chieflongshin

I'd guess its very complex when you have to balance suckers who have a route and have paid vs your new shiny route which just got longer and will add revenue.

I'd imagine wee Barry is sat with some coffee trying to work it out, ostracised from the new route team.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy that I didn't buy one rivet route yet. Theire bug fixing Is as professional as their communication (Answers like 'we have bills to pay' when asked about their pricing policy or the physics debacle on arosa....). Which is sad, because I'd really like to play those routes. But let's see....

• Like Like x 2
  27. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to get a refund DTG yet?

• Like Like x 4
  28. Jinoss17

I've never bought a route from Rivet and I'm patiently waiting for the Arosa Timetable fix, because I think it's the only one worth it (with a discounted price, not at 30€).

Given their reputation, I'm not gonna buy the new english route for sure.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Rivet has a pretty good reputation for their quality content for Train Simulator. Perhaps creating an alpine route for their second TSW route was a risky move, but I appreciate them accepting the challenges and not playing safe like DTG does with their same old three countries.

Although people are obvously allowed to have their own opinion, I think people are quite overreacting here. It's not that hard to just ignore the clock on the timetable, and even though distant scenery might be lacking (which lacks in all routes, but it's less notably since DTG took the easy road and not create any real mountainous routes), I think Arosa is an awesome route and I'm looking forward to Rivet's next Swiss route. It's a shame they're making UK content, but I guess I can't blame them for going the easy way after the feedback they got about Arosa.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Jinoss17

For me it's hard.

• Like Like x 6
  31. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Me too. The whole point of Swiss Railways is their reputation for running on time. A simulation where you can’t really doesn’t work for me.

I want to buy their next route, as it’s near where I come from, but I won’t until others give it the all clear.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  32. lukereynolds1

I can't ignore the clock. For me, if there is no timetable then there's no purpose. For me it's to drive as realistically as possible, while adhering to the timetable. Ignoring the clock removes the enjoyment from any potential game play I might have.

Everybody who plays the game will get their enjoyment from a different aspect. You cannot expect somebody to ignore something that is particularly important to them. Where would you draw the line? Ignore the physics? Ignore the scenery? Ignore the track? In essence, it's the combination of all elements, that combined together, create the simulation.

• Like Like x 4
  33. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think it’s safe to say that there won’t be a fix for this route anytime soon, if at all. Even if a fix does miraculously happen, expect to wait further several months for it as it’ll be stuck in a backlog, amongst all the other updates waiting to be released.

• Like Like x 4
  34. fabristunt

Purno
    It's not about ignoring the clock (on a railway? Are you aware how railways operate?).
    The timetable being messed up has other side effects, namely encounter with AI trains. Sometimes you are forced to wait at a red light even though there are more double track sections ahead where the two trains could pass each other. However, since the timetable is messed up, the encounter is supposed to happen some place else.

Moreover, it has been six months. This is unacceptable. I won't be buying any other rivet products in the future.

They were good in train simulator, but they are incapable of using the tools offered by tsw, like the timetable on Arosa or with the 204 just to name one. They are developing DLCs for TSW but use a Train simulator mentality. This is the main issue here. They should be held accountable for the poor quality of the products they deliver.
    DTG JD
    It has been said many times already. We need more than just a vague promise that won't be kept. I don't care that it's not going to be easy to fix it. It just proves my point, rivet does not know how to use TSW tools. It shouldn't have been released in the first place with this timetable, let alone with the physics mess it had initially and that rivet still won't admit to.

• Like Like x 6
  35. fabristunt

36. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

I'm still stuck at a red light in Chur lol

• Like Like x 2
  37. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

i totally get you. Whilst I don’t mind being a little late - my interest is decent driving physics and realism. Some of Rivet’s 150/2 driving physics are beyond laughable and all the community does is mock me for wanting something that drives like the real thing. Your point of enthusiasm is timetables, Mine is sounds and physics but it’s all falling on deaf ears.

• Like Like x 1
  38. fabristunt

I was hoping they'd fix the timetable after Cathcart, but no. They had to release two more DLC. Is it time to fix Arosa now? DTG Jamie Jasper_Rivet

• Like Like x 3
  39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m still waiting on a fix for the IoW timetable. I find it difficult to be on time using Notch 1 (which is what you’re technically supposed to be using on IoW). Fixes were promised by Jasper_Rivet in his own livestream of the route, but as far as I know, they’ve never materialised. If they have materialised, the timetable is still difficult to achieve in Notch 1.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Also still no track unevenness set through the whole route, which is another pretty big immersion breaker, in my opinion.

It just doesn't feel right with the whole ride being completely smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

Arosa Line has been on my Steam Wishlist for the upcoming Black Friday when I was hoping some routes and loco's would be on sale.

Based on this thread though it seems like I better just remove it from the list until further notice...

• Like Like x 2
  42. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

Arosa has significant issues, some of which were introduced and / or actually got worse with the 4.26 update.

The route hasn't been updated for almost a year, with no action taken by either Rivet, as the developer, or DTG as publisher.

Same with IoW.

And the DB BR 204.

You have a choice as a consumer whether you'd like to support and encourage this behaviour, or not.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  43. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s rather disgraceful really the lack of after support Rivet Games has given to their routes. Where is the pride in delivering a quality product?

• Like Like x 3
  44. fabristunt

45. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Actually if you watched the streams you'd know that it has been addressed and a fix for this and the time tables is close to testing.

46. fabristunt

They have been saying that for the last 8 months. I'll believe it when I can test it personally.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Vograx

Vograx Active Member

Yeah I am going to stay away until I get word that the issues are resolved. Shame though. Looks like a scenic route and I like that it's something different from the three main route locations; UK, US and Germany. I like variety and figured this might offer some.

Anyways, appreciate the candor. Caveat Emptor. I'm passing for now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

We shouldn't have to watch streams to find information like this. Isn't this why we have a roadmap, as well as forums with community managers?

Streams are nice and such, but not a good place to find specific information. How should I know which part of which stream to look at to find out wether any Arosa bugfixes are being worked on?

• Like Like x 10
  49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Wholeheartedly agree. Since the apology stream, there has been a distinct lack of information. Progress updates would be nice as well as ETA’s. The ETA’s can be just that, but at least give us some idea what is being worked on, why it’s being worked on, how it will improve things and when we can expect to see it. Being kept in the dark with radio silence is unreasonable. In any event, DTG is down over £40 from me so far (based on three DLC I’m refusing to buy due to various issues with the game).

• Like Like x 5
  50. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

There is no point in waiting for another patch for Arosa. It is not coming anytime soon.