PC Assertion Failed: [file:unknown] [line: 198] Unreal Engine Is Exiting Due To D3d Device Being Lost.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by iggl3p1ggle, Aug 22, 2020.

1. iggl3p1ggle

iggl3p1ggle New Member

Hi ,

Trying to play train sim world 2.

Not able to play the game for more than 10 minutes until the game crashes with the error:

Assertion failed: [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    kernel32
    ntdll

Have verified game, uninstall, reinstall, clean display driver installation, latest driver installed.
    DXDIAG is attached. Any other thoughts on how I may be able to resolve are welcome (aside from buying a new PC haha)

Attached Files:

2. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...I did some searching on the web earlier today and found info that suggests it’s a bug in UE. I think the UE ver in TSW 2 is 4.23a (I think I dug that info up somewhere here in the forums), and at least one of the websites I went to today suggested this error was at least related to UE 4.24- which is not that much of a newer rev than the UE ver in TSW 2. There’s actually plenty of info on the web on this error, and there are also various workarounds listed for it- but it seems many of these workarounds work for some and not for others. At this point I‘m wondering if the UE ver in TSW 2 is affected by this bug... that might explain these errors.

Good luck with your issue... look up this error on the web and you’ll see much of what I saw today.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1