Assets Randomly Dissappear/reappear?

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by dangerousdave, May 14, 2022.

1. Hi there

I'm having a problem with assets disappearing. Buildings, foliage, platforms objects etc...

Sometimes I'll load a route and assets are missing then other times they are not missing?

If I go into editor mode and hover over a missing object with my mouse it will re appear then dissappear.

All graphics settings are on max, scenery quality on max and draw distance is on max.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Which route?

Is it your merging project? Probably too many assets loaded / GFX memory limit reached.

Scenery density maxed, that's ok. Try reducing draw distance.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2022
  3. Hi yes I noticed it on that route first. I have not merged it yet. I'm still making my way from eridge to lewes then onto Brighton.

But it's happening on other routes too. Mainly routes that use the DTG and RSC assets folders.

Thanks.

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I've never experienced something like you describe but I guess it's a graphics card issue.

5. I don't think its my graphics card as its not all routes affected. Maybe I've broken something.

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Check the LOD of the assets you are placing - clicking on the asset should give the LOD Box - give it an 8 or above.

7. Thank you that solved the problem. Or is solving the problem. There's a lot of objects where the lod is set to 1.