Other Audio Should Be A Priority.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Vinnie, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Audio instead of improving on TSW2 seems to be downgraded compared to previous TSW2020... Why?

Only a few examples:

1 - AWS sound alerts on Tees Valley and East Coastway are broken.

2 - Also Tees Valley audio mix with the Class 31 you could barely hear the engines but you listen to all birds like they're on driver's shoulder. (also happens in other trains/routes to some extent)

3 - On Bakerloo with 1972 stock - wipers are madness-inducing loud.

4 - On Peninsula you could barely hear the engines... From the cab of a F40PH- 2CAT.

5 - On Long Island not even the entire consist on the M7 has audible traction motors. Sound from these motors are only present on the first 3-4 consists and dissappear at the rear.

6 - On Sand Patch both engine and horn sounds from all locomotives are randomly cutting out.
    Especially with bad weather.
    Besides, horn sounds are rarely consistent.

Why audio that plays a essential role on simulation is being neglected like this?
    Could we expect a new audio team for TSW2?

• Like Like x 8
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

3. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you, I think the sounds on East Coastway have quite a few issues since being preserved in TSW2. There's also a rare short buzzing noise that occurs after doing something which makes a sound like moving the power handle. Has anyone else noticed a background warbling noise that seems to happen every so often when in the cab that can only be stopped by getting out of the cab and back in, this sound actually puts me off driving the 377 a bit. None of these sounds happened in TSW2020 so something's happened for them to start occurring.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

You can barely hear the 72 stock approaching stations either. In reality, you can certainly hear them coming, but in TSW2 you can hardly hear them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Yes, I noticed that too. I think it should be the air vent (?) - that typical cab sound of the 377 which suddenly Starts repeating it's loop over and over again which I Think makes this noise. Something like that happens to me on Peninsula Corridors locos and cab cars as well, only that here a camera switch is not always helping.

What I would like to add to the list are missing ambient sounds- Sandpatch is very quiet, almost no ambient sounds At all, the railway crossings on Peninsula Corridor hardly make a warning sound anymore (only some do), in Bishopstone and Brighton the ambient sounds seem to be far more quiet... and so on.

Besides, the tunnel sounds on preserved routes seem to be missing.

It seems like with the conversion to the newer UE Version some sound settings got mixed up...

• Like Like x 2
  6. BigH

BigH Active Member

Yes, Adam explained that in one of the lastest streams. It´s gonna be fixed i believe.

• Like Like x 3
  7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I feel like depending where you are on LIRR, the audio can be very quiet and missing sounds. It's an annoyance. Also rain sounds play in certain segments of the tunnels.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i agree also the audio on RSN in the cabs is non existent

• Like Like x 2