PlayStation Aws

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Ibanez074, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Can anyone shed any light on this system? Is it enabled by default or do I need to press some buttons? Is that black and yellow circular thing connected to AWS?

2. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

AWS is the advanced warning system that warns the driver of any speed changes or warning aspects on upcoming signals. On all three locos on GWE it is turned off by default. The switch to turn it on is on the right hand side of the control desk in the cab of the HST and behind the drivers head on the 166 and 66.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

In addition on the 166 for the DSD thingy theres a black button top of the left wall slightly in front of your head if youre sitting.. then just press Q every so often to let the automatics know youre still alive..
    Edit- 2 buttons in fact- TPWSIS and DSD both to normal..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Thanks so much. Turned it on and within minutes I came to an automatic halt. This is despite pressing the aws reset button every time it alarmed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

When you press the button dont press the yelliw one in front of you- use the Q button and look down at your feet to make sure the floor pedal moves.. every time i go through even a green signal i press it. Waiting for the alarm to go off is too distracting and feels too fine for me. Its critical that yhe Q button is causing the floor DSD pedal to cycle though. Your post had me chuckling- i can picture it well :)

6. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Yes that's right. On consoles the equivalent of the Q button is O (PS4) or B (Xbox).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

Ah haha thanks I see now!