Baby Bullet Vs F40ph

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elvescast, Nov 15, 2020.

1. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

I was looking at the baby bullet add on for the caltrain route.

I dont drive the f40ph to much it's one of my least driven and least favourite locos, it's not that it's bad just I dont get on with it.

I was wondering how the baby bullet compare, in all areas such as acceleration/ braking/top speed, also like ease to setup and use, plus are the formation options the same or better?

Any insight would be appreciated greatly thank you.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As far as performance goes they are pretty much the same. I don’t know about top speed because I have always stuck to the speed limit with both of them. The setup and formations are the same and the baby bullet just substitutes for some of the services that the F40 trainset does. Other than the scenarios there are no new services. It’s easier to drive because it has different brakes that are simpler to use. The cab car is a different experience because the cab is much lower down than the cab in the gallery cab car. It’s a good DLC for adding variety to the traffic on the route (but doesn’t increase traffic) and if you don’t like the F40 then you will definitely get more use out of the route if you get the baby bullet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I‘ll share my views:

Acceleration
    The MP36 accelerates a bit faster than the F40. It‘s not a day/night difference but noticeable.

Braking
    This is where the MP36 shines. It has self-lapping brakes (normal auto-brakes with initial application-service in % and so on). This makes breaking a lot easier and more intuitive.

Top Speed
    Should be around the same. They both reach the track speed limit so I can‘t compare this.

Set-up
    It‘s pretty much the same. Standard NA procedures.

Bi-level cars
    The new cab cars also use self-lapping brakes so this point still applies

Conclusion
    The MP36 is to my mind easier to use and more user-friendly than the F40. If you like Peninsula Corridor but don‘t like the F40 I‘d recommend getting the MP36 because of the discussed points.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Ho guys, thank you.

You have both shared more than enough insight for me to consider, I know top speed isn't most important, I just ask because i love the HRR and you can do 100mph in some sections is all.

You have noth put plenty of info and I feel I can make my decision on my next dlc and will be able to give the route some more love hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Damn it! Looks like I'll have to buy that when on sale, can't bear the F40's brake, while I used to varying degrees of success that same braking systems on other locos and trains I never managed to get it to work on the TSW F40 (which is strange since I never had any problem with the TS2021 F40)it just seems digital, like on or off, it's so annoying, and if I have to be honest I never had the will to learn how to master it.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I love the brakes on the F40. When I haven’t driven it for a while it takes me a while to get used to again but it’s great when you can do a nice smooth stop. It’s a bit if a pain if you apply too much brake and have do some gymnastics with your fingers to release them and then apply a little less but it’s great fun. But the Baby Bullet is also fun to drive.

• Like Like x 3
  7. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Hi I have decided to buy it after all the shared info from stujoy and lamplight.

Its superb to drive and since purchasing it this morning I have loved it every bit so far, I cant believe how much more I like it than the f40ph even though the only big difference is the brakes and cosmetic.

After purchasing other locos for 11.99 I think this has been the best value and if you ever get chance to buy it at a price you like I highly recommend doing so.

• Like Like x 5
  8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Peninsula Corridor is not really high up in my priority list, but the (very) few trips I did I enjoyed it so I'd surely get the Baby Bullet, but as you said if it gets discounted, and the game pass' 10% is not enough considering I'm waiting for HMA (when/if the allow the 423 substitution in SKA or allow all the layers on console), SE HS and LGV, I'm also waiting for the BR155 so we'll see if the black friday will bring interesting news

• Like Like x 1
  9. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

As a peninsula corridor isn't close to being a favourite, I play custom scenarios a lot and that's where I describe my love of driving it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

They are not the same. The F40 takes ages to get up to speed. The MP36 does not.