Bahnstrecke Hannover - Göttingen

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Br425, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

The regional route from Hannover to Göttingen would be a great addition to the game: It is situated in a completely new area of Germany and includes a new German operator.

The route has a total length of around 108 kilometers and runs along the rather small river "Leine". Connecting the capital of Niedersachsen (Hannover) with its far south (Göttingen), the route has a great importance and many passengers and commuters travel on it every day.
    The trains:
    BR 146.2 + Dosto coaches (4th gen) in Metronom livery
    Screenshot 2022-01-16 141335.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-16 141422.png
    Running on this route since 2005, a Metronom train is usually built of a Br 146.2, 5 Dosto coaches and the cab car. I think we definitely need a new German operator for passenger trains in the game, since all of the current ones are from DB. Being yellow-blue-white, the Metronom would be perfect.
    The Metronom also has a different type of Dosto coaches, they use the middle waggons with the higher entries, which would have been the appropriate ones on Hamburg-Lübeck. Only the cab car and the coach behind the cab car have a low entry, as the latter is a special coach for bikes.

Also, the BR 424 runs on the S-Bahn Hannover on a part of the route, from Hannover Hbf to Sarstedt. The difference to the BR 425 is a different entrance height. Screenshot 2022-01-16 141706.png

Furthermore, many freight trains run on the route with various locos, such as the BR 185, the BR 187, and the BR 193. The 193 would be a great new addition to the game (MRCE ones are seen very often):
    Screenshot 2022-01-16 141948.png

Possible other layers could include ICE AI traffic around Hannover and Göttingen. The ICE line between the two cities runs next to the regional route from Göttingen to Northeim, so you can see ICEs running side by side with a regional train occasionally there.
    The BR 612 could be a layer in Göttingen, but since it goes off in the other direction, it would only be AI as well.

If this route or another one in this area should come up, I would be glad to help and provide pictures or videos as this is my local route.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 13
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Would be nice to have a route like this but set back in the classic area of loco hauled IC, D and E trains. I really couldn't take yet another German route where 50% of your time is spent driving from 766 cab cars.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

You´ve got a point there, but I think the fact that it looks completely different (at least from the outside) makes a huge difference...

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct and these Metronom trains have a 781 786 Doppelstockwagen. What DTG can do is make this route first with 781 786 Doppelstockwagen then you make as the basis for correcting Hamburg-Lübeck Doppelstockwagen

• Like Like x 1
  5. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I actually forgot to mention that in my post, thanks! The Metronom has different Dostos: the high-entry ones!
    I added that to the post now

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

7. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

The question is, which route do you take on the high-speed route or the normal route, or even both?

If only one section is possible I would go for the normal route via Sarstedt, Nordstemmen, Elze, Banteln, Alfeld (Leine), Freden (Leine), Kreiensen, Einbeck Salzderhelden, Northeim

In any case, it would be a nice route where everyone would get their money's worth who want to take it easy and who just want to drive fast.

IC 2375 Between Sudheim - Nörten-Hardenberg direction Göttingen control car ahead
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Well I think the high-speed line is boring. There are only ICEs and ICs there and not a single intermediate stop. But the regional line is awesome! As the regional route has a length of already 108 km, there is no way we could get both lines.

But: If an ICE T will be added to the game one day, I think about twice a day or so an ICE T runs from Hannover to Göttingen, stopping at a few stations along the line.

• Like Like x 2