Bahnstrecke Wuppertal - Solingen

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by creeperblox2710, May 19, 2021.

?
  1. Before December 2013 (BR 628, (BR363))

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. After December 2013 (BR 648, BR 261/265)

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  1. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    A BR 648 at Wuppertal Hbf

Parts
    • Stations
      • Solingen (Hbf + Schaberg)
      • Remscheid (Hbf + -Lennep)
      • Wuppertal (-Oberbarmen + Hbf)
    • Rolling Stock
      • BR 628 (Before December 2013)
      • BR 648 + BR 261/265 (After December 2013)
    • Easter Eggs
      • Diffrent Front of the LINT
    • Connections
      • Rhein-Ruhr Ost (RRO)
      • Bahnstrecke Köln-Wuppertal (BKW)
    • Layers
      • BR 363 (RSN, DRA)
      • BR 422, TRAXX + Dostos (RRO+MSB)
    • Problems
      • Licensing
      • Short Route
    • Conclusion
    Hello everyone, Today i propose the Wuppertal-Oberbarmen-Solingen Railway. This 35km Route connects the Towns Wuppertal, Remscheid and Solingen.

[​IMG]
    A Map of the BWS (Bahnstrecke Wuppertal-Solingen)

Stations
    Let's start off with the Stations.

Solingen Hbf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A BR 120 heading towards Köln with a BR 9442 on the Other Platform towards Wuppertal
    Solingen Hbf (formerly Solingen-Ohligs/Ohligs-Wald) is the Central Station of Solingen and is served by S-Bahn, Regional and Long-Distance Trains. This is the Start Point of the S7. The Station opened in 1867

Solingen-Schaberg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A BR 648 entering Solingen-Schaberg
    Solingen-Schaberg is the 4th Station of Solingen and the Station before the Müngstener Bridge.

[​IMG]

A BR 628 going on the highest Railway Bridge in Germany

Remscheid Hbf
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A BR 628 with a BR 261 at Remscheid Hbf
    Remscheid Hbf is the Central Station of Remscheid and also includes a small Freight Yard next to it. The Station opened in 1868.

Remscheid-Lennep
    [​IMG]

Remscheid-Lennep is a Terminus Station for Services from Düsseldorf during Peak Hours. This Station used to be connected by 2 other Railways that are now gone.

Wuppertal-Oberbarmen
    [​IMG]

Out of the Branch Line we enter the RRO with Wuppertal-Oberbarmen. As you know this Station exists in RRO and is served of Course: By the S8, S9, RB48, RE7, RE4 and RE13.

Wuppertal Hbf
    [​IMG]

A BR 429 from the Eurobahn making its way to Venlo with a BR 628 in the background [​IMG]
    A BR 422 entering Wuppertal Hbf as S8 (Replacement Train probably)
    ...Do i need to give Information about this Station? It's already in the game so...

Rolling Stock
    Now before i show the Rolling Stock, there were 2 diffrent Trains used on the S7 (formerly RB47) and that was the BR 628 and the LINT 41 (BR 648)

If the Route was set in before December 2013, the Rolling Stock would be:

BR 628
    [​IMG]

A BR 628 towards Solingen
    Now the BR 628 is one of the DMU's that alot of people want and i think for a small Route like this, it would be perfect. The BR 628 used to operate on the BWS (Bahnstrecke Wuppertal-Solingen) as the RB47 till December 2013 when they were replaced by the LINT 41 (BR 648) as the S7.
    If the Route was set AFTER December 2013 the Rolling Stock would be:
    BR 648 (LINT 41)
    [​IMG]

BR 648 on assigned as an Empty Service
    The LINT 41 is also a DMU that alot of people would like to have. Now there is a small Fun fact: If there isnt enough of the BR 1648 (The Lint above) then a BR 648 with the old Headform will be used in Service

Now i don't know if any Freight actually does run on the Line because I myself use this Train sometimes and have never seen any Freight. But there could be a small Shunting Services over at Solingen Hbf and Remscheid Hbf with:

BR 261/265 (Voith Gravita)
    [​IMG]
    DB BR 261106 near the Köln-Kalk Freight Yard
    The BR 261/265 is a Diesel Shunting Loco used in almost all of Germany, as said before, These Trains can do Shunting Services in Remscheid aswell as in Solingen.

Now if the Route was set earlier than December 2013 the BR 363 could be used, giving the BR 363 more Routes to do Shunting Services instead of just RSN.
    Easter Eggs
    DTG could make it so that theres a chance that you can Drive the BR 648 in the old Headform
    [​IMG]

A BR 648 in the old Headform, used when there arent enough BR 648 with the new Headform
    Connections
    Now the Route could connect up with 2 Routes:
    1. Rhein-Ruhr Ost
    This Route is already in the game and if the Era on this Route set to the Same as RRO, the Route could connect up with RRO.
    2. Köln-Wuppertal by jolojonasgames

This Route is not in the game yet but it has a chance to be in the Game and if it does get released this could be a small Extension for Köln-Wuppertal

Layers
    Now there isn't really a long Journey for Layered Trains. The BR 422 could be used from Wuppertal Hbf to Wuppertal-Oberbarmen as the S8 (RRO) and maybe the Traxx as the RE 4 and RE 7.

Problems
    Once again, there are a few Problems
    1. Licensing (obviously)

Licensing is a problem if the Route was set after December 2013 because of Abellio.
    2. A small Route
    I know that this Route is small and honestly i would recommend DTG to make this as an Extension for Köln-Wuppertal if it will be a Upcoming Route.

Conclusion
    This is the end of this Suggestion, Feel free to give me some Information about Freight Services in the Comments and i will put them in the Suggestion.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm giving this a like. A German diesel route would be pretty interesting, especially if it came with some older rolling stock. The BR628 was one of my favourites in Train Simulator. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  4. creeperblox2710

I mean, i think DTG does have the NS License because of the 1970's Freight Pack from TS

5. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  6. creeperblox2710

It's because the Route is the entirety of the S7 and im talking about the Line via Remscheid, not via Haan.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1