Euro Fishing Bait Drift Mechanics

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Mister Sean, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Mister Sean

Mister Sean New Member

Disclaimer: This post explains when fish are allowed to bite the bait. Reading this might ruin the game for you as the scripting is ill-advised.

I have been getting no where with the help desk support ticket, so I will post here.

-------------------------
    Bait Drift - Known Issue

Bait will continue to move on a downward slope indefinitely until it comes to the lowest point. This can mean a wait of OVER AN HOUR at Lake 5 near the dam. Ten - thirty minute waits for the bait to come to a rest are common at Lakes 3, 4, and 5 (the whole rest of the lake that is not by the dam).

The game is coded so that fish are Not Allowed to bite until the bait has come to a complete stop. Bait drift is a known issue, lots of complaints. It makes the game rage-quit worthy. All the developers need to do is code in a movement timer. Something like: When bait depth is equal to or less than 0.2ft of maximum depth, start Movement Timer. Movement Timer: Random delay from 10 seconds to five minutes. At delay end, change bait state to “at rest”.

The only workaround is to scour lakes 3, 4, and 5 to find spots where the lake bottom is either flat or very close to the lowest point in the area. This make HUGE patches of three lakes unplayable. You basically have bait zones that are 3 feet in diameter that you have to hit to avoid absurd wait times.

I bought a fishing video game to fish, not to stare at my screen for 20 minutes before the game ALLOWS me to have the OPPORTUNITY to catch a fish. I think that anything over a 5 minute wait is unacceptable for a game. At the 20 minute mark I quit the game and play something else.

2. BaervanEsch

BaervanEsch New Member

Thats strange... when i play i usually don't even have time to trow in all 3 lines..

• Like Like x 1