Other Bakerloo Line Problems

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by aya.rahman, Apr 7, 2021.

1. aya.rahman

aya.rahman Member

I use the Bakerloo Line every day as I live near Marylebone. I feel as if not all the 1972 stock sounds not as it is in real life. Also, passenger numbers are very low. When I pull into Oxford Circus, I want it to be busy. Not 1 passenger. It feels lonely down there. This is as well as the stop marker. On the tube, there are stop markers where the train is meant to stop. Finally, announcements. It would be good if we can have announcements. Even if you got someone who sounds like the woman who does the announcements. Please, people at Dovetail games can you fix this.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

With passengers they are spawned in not the best place but is something they can look at doing when they work on it. Stop markers are already a thing that is known and a fix is on the way I believe challenges with the announcements is getting the game know where the train is so it says the right announcement which they said they are trying to figure out. Yes the sounds aren't completely to real life as they said they had to do recordings in a way they weren't used to due to restrictions with tfl

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Sounds - don't know if they used real sounds or not, but they're always an approximation
    Passengers - this is a known issue and according to Sam on various streams there may be a "passengers V2" in the works at some point (not on roadmap so not being worked on yet (unless its in the big core update of which we have no details))
    Stop markers - Adam has noted on stream that this was included in their recent Bakerloo revisit, which is going to testing phase soon so hopefully should receive that by xmas
    Announcements - this isn't a big issue on a technical scale, but IS a big issue on an intellectual property scale, as in they have to get the rights to use the announcements, the script etc etc and they likely haven't done this yet (a very long and complex answer to this given by Sam on last night's roadmap stream)

• Like Like x 1
  4. aya.rahman

aya.rahman Member

YEah but there is a pdf you can get from tfl that is the script for all announcements.

5. ARuscoe

Which you need a licence to recreate if you're going to make money from it's use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. aya.rahman

aya.rahman Member

True but they are already partners with TfL

7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

does not always me it's as easy as that from one stream matt said that they had to change allot of the way they recorded sound as tfl were quite stringent on where they could put audio equipment. I think it's more of issue on how to make it work in the game matt said they would have to figure out how to make the game know where the player is which station they are stopping at and how to the get the announcements to play which currently they haven't been able to do yet

8. ARuscoe

True, but they have a license to reproduce the Bakerloo line, probably in specified detail
    Having a license to produce the roundel, the font, the trains, the lines, the map etc etc doesn't mean that they have license for the recording or the text of the announcements, so it's never as simple as "well they already have...", the I needs dotting and the T crossing, and if it's not on the roadmap, that's not happening

There's also the point that if they do it for one line, people will expect it on all relevant lines