Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I thought it would be nice to have a random thread where you can just guess what DTG is up to. Yes, I am bored. Why do you ask?

I guess I'll start: I'm pretty sure that the first steam engine or TSW will be for the WSR. They seemed to make a point of having it cost less than a normal route, and the included trains seem purposely plain. Since they have such a tight development schedule, and steam locos take so long to develop, I would think that the fist steam loco would be a loco DLC, like the GP40-2. WSR seems like it was almost designed for the purpose of having DLC locos on it, and the real life route has steam! Can't think of a better match.

During the last devstream, Matt gave a hint or two about the unelectrified sidings of Ruhr Sieg Nord. This makes me think that the BR 261 or something like that is already in the works...

**UPDATE** Since so much of this seems to revolve around hints of DLC found in a specific game file, I thought I'd just put a brief analysis of it here
    Key: Released or announced, Unannounced, Probably an internal test

WestSomerset
    WSR_Class09
    WSR_Class47
    WSR_Class52
    WSR_MK1
    RuhrSiegNord
    DB_767_780
    DB_BR185-2
    DB_BR143
    DB_BR294
    DB_Falns_183
    DB_Roos-t_645
    DB_Shimmns-u_708
    DB_Tadgs_959
    DB_Shimmns-ttu_772
    DB_DigitalDisplays
    LeedsManchester
    LIRR
    LIRR_M7
    Rostock
    MP01-SandPatchScenarios
    GreatWestern47Scenarios

DB_BR182
    EWS_Class08
    MRL_JNAWagon

WSR_Class33
    MSB_DB_Shimmns-u_708
    MSB_DB_Habbiins_344
    EWS_MFAWagon
    LMC_BR_12tVan
    LMC_BR_Class40
    LMC_BR_TEA
    MainSpessartBahn
    MSB_Zacns
    RSN_DB_BR155
    MSB_DigitalDisplays
    MSB_DB_Doppelstock
    MSB_DB_Laaers
    MSB_DB_BR185-2
    MSB_DB_BR146-2
    LMC_BR_Class08
    LMC_BR_MK2
    LMC_BR_MK1
    LMC_BR_Class101
    LMC_BR_Class47-4
    LMC_BR_Class45-1
    LIRR M7 Digital Displays
    MPTV01-RTScenarioPack01
    scenario-pack
    SP_01_WSRGWE

Summary (only unannounced stuff):
    DB_BR294
    DB_Tadgs_959
    Rostock
    EWS_Class08
    MRL_JNAWagon
    EWS_MFAWagon

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

RSN would probably have diesel switchers.

• Like Like x 6
  3. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Here's a potential Idea:
    We have the Talent 2 on RT.
    Why not get the DB Red repaint on RSN?
    Sure the doors aren't positioned the same as in the DB Red version, but heck, better something then nothing.

Cheers,
    Prof

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Next route will likely be American and something that we already have in TS20XX, so I expect either older American stuff (maybe Horseshoe Curve?) or Passenger stuff with Diesel locos (maybe something like Miami - West Palm Beach ?).

• Like Like x 6
  5. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

American for the next route sounds likely because then they will have two from every country available on consoles. (Assuming CSX isn't ready.)

I am guessing a region of the country that has plenty of freight and passenger traffic but isn't too big for a DLC. Maybe somewhere in California?

Denver would be cool, but it might not have enough passenger stops within 40 or so miles.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

And why not in Europe.
    Italy, Spain, France, Poland, Switzerland, etc .....

• Like Like x 8
  7. Karl456

Karl456 Member

I wonder when DTG will begin to deviate from their scheme USA-GB-Germany-USA-GB...
    There have been plenty of suggestions for routes in other countries and personally I'd be happy to see a route somewhere else after we've got two routes in each of the three countries that DTG usually uses. My personal favorite would actually be something exotic, but it would either be okay if we got a route anywhere besides our three "main countries".

• Like Like x 3
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

They gave reasons for that. They need to become pros at building routes for those countries before moving on to to other countries.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Do you mean DB red on RT?

• Like Like x 1
  10. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

I think the next route will probably be American because of the US-UK-DE cycle. Considering the last two US routes were on the east coast, this one will probably be the west coast (California perhaps) and would probably feature Union Pacific (because of the BNSF problems). There is also a lot of demand for more Amtrak locos, so maybe part of the Pacific Surfliner or Capitol Corridor routes or a mountain pass like Cajon Pass. It probably wouldn't be Tehachapi Pass as there is no Amtrak on that route or Donner Pass as that is too long for TSW at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  11. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

They are going to use 90% of their ressources to release more dlc's and port all of them to PS4/Xbox while explaining to us how ressources are missing to fix existing bugs on already released dlc's

• Like Like x 1
  12. NorthRail1

DTG has already stated before that different groups work on new content, porting to consoles and bug fixing so work on new content won't slow down the bug fixing process. The bug fixing team has already removed hundreds of bugs, however many of these are small and less noticeable.

• Like Like x 4
  13. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Yes, the remaining 10% of their ressources get used to fix bugs :P
    This different groups thing gets used alot and well, its easy to use when theres one guy working on fixing bugs while the others work on releasing new paid dlc's. Its also only reasonable to assume their priorities are set like this when stuff like the sound issue when swapping between camera views or the PZB are STILL not fixed.

Better release RSN with a working PZB though while Rapid Transit gets left in the dust.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

I didn't think it was used on this route, though. But I know one of the FLINTs do, so hopefully it will come...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

What issue when swapping camera views?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Aquantis

Aquantis Active Member

Remember last year when DTG said the Route Building tools were expected late 2018? Well it's nearly Q4 so speculate away where they may be

• Like Like x 2
  17. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

I think a Mexico route is in the works, train heists, bent rails to derail loco. Gangsters uncoupling auto racks loaded with Mazdas

I'd pay handsomely for this

• Like Like x 2
  18. Aquantis

Aquantis Active Member

Also: Class 800/802 when?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Steve Cummins

Steve Cummins Member

During a recent Dev Stream Matt advised that the next three routes were already in production. Perhaps they'll come with TSW 2019 to be released March 2019? Maybe we'll get the editor tools then? With the next version of TS due this month and the next TSW release in Mar 2019 we'd have a 6 monthly major release schedule from DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  20. raildan

Major bump, but I decided to try to figure out some possible DLC release dates the other day, based off of release dates for RSN and WSR. I guess I was getting impatient with the lack of any news whatsoever, keep in mind I did this before the exciting announcements with the editor.

*NOTE THE WORDS "BASELESS SPECULATION" IN THE THREAD TITLE*

Possible US DLC release date:

RSN release + (RSN release - WSR release) = December 9

Possible DLC announcement date:

December 9 - (RSN release - RSN announcement) = October 20

I would be highly surprised if these were accurate to the day, but maybe saying an announcement or release may happen "the week of..." wouldn't be too far off. The December 9 date could also be a release date for the editor tools' open beta. I guess only time will tell...

• Like Like x 1
  21. NorthRail1

RSN was announced around a month after the WSR release so I would expect an announcement to be sooner than October 20th, as we are already over a month since the release of RSN. For a possible release date I would say some point in November, maybe early December.

• Like Like x 4
  22. raildan

You're right, I may have made a mistake somewhere- the time between WSR release and RSN announcement was 34 days. Add that to the RSN release and you get September 20th. We're a bit overdue, in that case- maybe because they were working on the editor announcement or something.

Either way, we'll know which is more accurate in a few weeks. I'm more excited for the editor than anything, but, being a North American TSW fan, I can't wait to see an American route with the quality of RSN.

• Like Like x 1
  23. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

RSN will be coming out on Xbox One and PS4 on Oct 9th, so editor tools could be coming out few weeks after

• Like Like x 1
  24. Anthony Pecoraro

In Open Beta first, but yeah!

• Like Like x 1
  25. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

A closed private beta seems more likely. Then it will likely move into an open beta.

• Like Like x 4
  26. Anthony Pecoraro

32D95FA9-F44A-47B0-AC6F-5D1CE085EACB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  27. raildan

I don't think the open beta is coming that soon. I'd think around the same time the TSW beta was public, in december. Again, maybe with the next completely new DLC just to build up the hype. Release could be early next year, maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

If they're delaying the release of the next DLC because they are fixing bugs and getting the tools sorted, then I'm quite happy with that. If that is the reason, and there's some hard progress on the tools and bug fixes, I'll happily purchase the next DLC regardless of what it is. I'll gladly support a development team with their priorities straight.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I agree with Draftsman here. I feel we are in a good spot moving forward with the development of this game. The quality of the DLC has been improving overall; RSN being a line drive hit for myself. If they continue this pattern and bring all this needed quality to the earlier routes for this game (looking at Sand Patch grade), then I'll be happy.

With the latest developer update on the editor tools, I can't help but be excited for the future of the game. It looks they have been hard at work on this software for quite some time now and I'm confident this will be something really special for the game and the community overall.

I've supported this game from the start and plan on continuing my support.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  30. raildan

Okay, I figured out what the problem was: I BADLY MESSED UP SOME CALCULATIONS!
    Predicted release date: NOV. 10
    (which would be crazy, as that just so happens to also be my birthday)
    Predicted announcement date: SEP. 20 (which has obviously been delayed)

I DEFINITELY agree with this- the less rushed a DLC, the better! I hadn't thought of that (why should I, this is DTG) but hopefully this is why the announcement has been delayed. If this is the case, we can assume that the announcement is planned to, internally, happen [x] days before release. So, furthermore, the release date has hopefully been pushed back to NET (No Earlier Than) NOV. 21

But wait! We can overthink this further! Because of that long gap in which we didn't hear anything about RSN, this may have already happened- RSN may have originally been scheduled to release earlier. This could explain why it's so much more polished than the other routes. Meh, a release closer to the holidays might just be good for business, so hopefully they'll take this opportunity to refine the heck out of this. If they have any time left over, they could, you know, maybe work on bugs in older routes.

• Like Like x 2
  31. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I agree. I’d much rather they’d focus and work on the editor and bug fixes for existing routes than to rush out the next DLC, which if rushed, will definitely contain bugs and issues.

RSN is an example of a good route with it being very detailed and accurate. It also doesn’t contain as nearly as many bugs as what we’re used to when a route is released. Most likely due to the fact that they took their time with this route.

• Like Like x 4
  32. Anthony Pecoraro

I wish NEC was done as good as RSN. :(

• Like Like x 2
  33. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Like anything, the earlier DLC tends to be more basic and less detailed. Now that the developers have more of an understanding of how to use the Unreal Engine, new routes and DLC will only continue to improve in quality and detail as time goes on.

Though once the editor comes out, hopefully we’ll be able to improve the older routes ourselves. This already happens in TS and is shared via the Steam Workshop. Don’t give up on past DLC, I certainly am not and expecting lots of improvements and upgrades to GWE by the community.

• Like Like x 5
  34. Digital Draftsman

That's not completely true in DTG's case, as there is definitely evidence that indolence is at play. For example, in HH and GWE you can refuel your locomotives, in the later WSR DLC you can't. That's a step backwards in features purely because DTG are being lazy.

I also think DTG should improve the PZB on RT and bring it up to the standard of RSN, or at least put something on the Steam Store Page that says the PZB is broken and will not be fixed. There may be people who purchase RSN first, who then purchase RT expecting the same PZB.

Additionally they should be bringing bug fixes across all the previous DLC. If you release a DLC and it has bugs, then those bugs should be fixed, if they're 'unfixable' then the elements of the game that cause the bugs should never have been shipped in the first place. Fixing bugs in past DLC actually adds value to future DLC as people know if they hand over their money and it doesn't work then the developer will fix it ASAP.

• Like Like x 6
  35. Anthony Pecoraro

The WSR locomotives are able to be refueled, but there aren’t any services or scenarios that you can do it in.

Fixing the PZB in RT requires re-signaling the whole route. DTG would need a long time to do that. Same thing with the bug fixes.

• Like Like x 3
  36. raildan

Oh boy, this has escalated into a flat-out flame war pretty quickly. This was just supposed to be on useless, baseless speculation. This is why we can't have nice things on this forum!

• Like Like x 3
  37. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

You can refuel locomotives on WSR. You can also refuel them on RSN it’s just that there are no diesel locomotives to refuel in RSN, but there is still a working refueling station.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Don’t know why you’re downvoting. This isn’t baseless speculation, it’s the truth. There is a refueling station on WSR at Williton and on RSN there is a refueling station in the sidings at Finnentrop.

• Like Like x 7
  39. Digital Draftsman

You're wrong. There's no fuel filler on the Class 09, so even if it was possible to get to the fuel point you couldn't refuel it.

Also the Class 09's twin fuel tanks are not represented and it either doesn't use fuel or the fuel gauges don't work, as the gauges never move.

The Class 09 also has several other gauges that don't function, as well as the series/parallel functions, battery isolation and grill controls missing.

So it's not as good as previous DLC, which was my point.

• Like Like x 4
  40. raildan

That's EXACTLY why I'm downvoting!

Look, I actually agree with you (I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the lower base price of WSR) but WHY DOES EVERY THREAD IN THESE FORUMS HAVE TO COME TO THIS! Can we just have one thread not filled with constant arguments?!

• Like Like x 1
  41. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

As many a wise folk has said, if you are going to argue, you ought to have evidence for it. And as far as I can tell, all the evidence points toward WSR supporting refuelling.

Williton has a functioning fuel pump.
    530070_20181008120134_1.png
    The Class 47 has a fuel filling socket.
    530070_20181008120053_1.png
    And, completely to the opposite of your claim, the Class 09 has a fuel filling socket too.
    530070_20181008120105_1.png

So, if you are going to argue about something, at least don't outright lie. It will never help your..."cause" to lie.

And, getting back to baseless speculation. The fact that this stuff is included, even though it isn't used, points towards some interesting possibilities and thinking for the future. Would you call that lazy? I would hope not...

Heck, even RSN has a fuel pump at Finnentrop. Not only is that not used in scenarios, it can't be used in scenarios as the route doesn't even come with a diesel.
    530070_20181008120720_1.png
    Including something that can't be used at all just yet is a sign of being forward-thinking, not of being lazy. After all, while RSN may have no diesel locomotive right now, it could very well have one in the future. Thus, my baseless speculation says that because RSN can support a diesel locomotive, we might just see a diesel locomotive in RSN.

• Like Like x 13
  42. raildan

Sigh... fair enough. It was never the "evidence" I had a problem with, that's fine, but once a thread falls into debating whether TSW and its content is good or not, people with unnecessarily strong opinions just start almost attacking each other and that just kind of ruins a thread to me. This was meant to be a thread for speculation on what DTG would do next, not really whether they're evil or not.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Digital Draftsman

I don't see where I have lied?

I said you can't refuel locomotives on the WSR and you can't. Show me a screenshot of either locomotive being refueled on the WSR? You can't, because you can't refuel them on the WSR.

The Class 09 also lacks a correctly modelled fuel system, so there's no filler for the header tank (the real Class 08/09s have either a manual pump or motor driven pump to fill the header tank), meaning even if you could some how connect the Class 09 to the fuel point, the main tank might be full, but header tank would still be empty and thus the engine wouldn't start. The gauges don't work correctly either.

The previous DLC had correctly modelled fuel systems, you could access the fuel point and the gauges worked. Thus the WSR is a step backwards in terms of features compared to HH and GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  44. raildan

...I give up.

• Like Like x 2
  45. GT46PAC

GT46PAC Active Member

Why?

• Like Like x 1
  46. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I think I might as well give up too. Apparently having DTG make scenarios that involve refueling is important. Who knew!

• Like Like x 1
  47. Digital Draftsman

I think you're getting frustrated because you're not understanding the point I was making. It was said that 'DLC will only continue to improve in quality and detail'. To which I replied that that's not completely true; WSR is a later DLC than GWE and HH, yet the WSR is missing parts of the simulation included with the old DLC, I used refueling as an example.

The point is that just because a DLC is new, doesn't mean it will have the functionailty included with previous DLC.

As for refuelling being important; I like to go through the start-up and shutdown procedures for locomotives. When I'm disposing of a locomotive after running a train, I like to take it onto the depot, refuel it and shut it down correctly. On CSX HH I can do that after switching Cumberland Yard, on WSR I can't do that. I assumed that with WSR it would at least have the same functionality as CSX HH, but it didn't. That's my point.

I then used PZB on RT demostrate that works the other way too, with people who bought RSN before RT potentially assuming that RT would have the same functioning PZB as RT, when in fact it doesn't. I then suggested DTG should fix the RT PZB or put something on the Steam Store page to tell future customers that the PZB is not functioning correctly like it is on RSN.

I don't understand why any of what I have said in this thread is controversial.

As for the speculation criterion of this thread, the next route is US, is in the desert, will feature UP traction and will be with us late November.

• Like Like x 2
  48. raildan

Digital Draftsman (and, to a lesser extent, Anthony Pecoraco) just won't stop pushing this. We get it, you don't like the game (or you really have faith in it). Didn't you start a thread for this endless bickering?
    ...I didn't really want to start pointing fingers at specific people, but... that is why I gave up.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  49. NorthRail1

https://steamdb.info/app/530070/depots/
    Two extra depots have appeared (dlc 4 and dlc 3) on the steam database indicating more dlc soon. DLC 3 is an 'encrypted dlc' so it will likely come before dlc 4. This could either be a new route or a loco dlc. If it is a loco dlc, I think the most likely options are:
    • Class 387 or 800 for Great Western Express
    • Diesel Shunter for Ruhr Sieg Nord
    • Steam loco for West Somerset Railway (less likely)
    However, these new depots could just be new routes, most likely continuing in the USA-UK-DE cycle.

• Like Like x 2
  50. Anthony Pecoraro

MCGermanyFan says to stop looking at Steam DB.

• Like Like x 2