PC Be Careful What You Wish For (demand)?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, May 21, 2018.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

While taking a break after train wrestling with TS20xx "dispatcher", which had just turned its nose up at an AI train that had been running successfully through several weeks of development on a complex switching scenario, I began thinking about the possibility of a TSW editing system for routes and scenarios. Perhaps allowing DTG to take all the time it wants or needs with this is the correct approach, as opposed to continually clamoring for its release three weeks ago?

• Like Like x 3
  2. 85Leaf

85Leaf Active Member

I agree with that sentiment- I'd rather not be given a bug ridden, clunky, non-intuitive editor that doesn't work properly and just causes irritation. I'd much prefer an editor system that is operable, easily learnable, and functional. That requires time to get it right. I understand the consternation of those who wanted the editor system months ago-- I'd like to build some scenarios and a route myself at some point. In the end I'd rather have the best system possible, than crap that would lead to an uninstall. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I certainly hope that the wishes of you two result in an "editor system that is operable, easily learnable, and functional". Whilst such a product may eventually appear I think I can confidently say that the early versions of the editor, which will probably consist of a scenario editor and a route editor, will be no such thing judging by the examples of the DLC released so far. :(