PC Best Upgrade Path From Tsw5 To 7?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by StratPlayer62, Oct 1, 2026 at 9:40 PM.

  1. StratPlayer62

    StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2016
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    497
    I have not used TSW or TS much recently, life has been really busy but I would like to get back into it more, and my son really enjoys it as well. I currently have TSW 5 and I'd like to upgrade to 7.

    Do I have to buy 6 first then 7 or can I go straight from 5 to 7?

    I'm only interested in American Routes, and the ones I currently have are,

    Clinchfield, Sand Patch Grade, Peninsula Corridor, Sherman Hill, Oakville Sub.

    Would I get a better deal on a new route with the upgrade? The only routes I would be interested in are Cane Creek, Horseshoe Curve, Florida Tri-Rail, and Cajon Pass

    Thanks!
     
  2. StratPlayer62

    StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2016
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    497
    One other question, I did just find the FAQ page. It looks like it requires Windows 11? Will it run on Windows 10 at all?
     
  3. Yerolo

    Yerolo Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2018
    Messages:
    1,354
    Likes Received:
    2,685
    It's free to claim the starter edition of TSW7.
    Once claimed all your owned DLC you purchased previously will be available in TSW7 (assuming all on the same platform).

    There's no reason to buy TSW6 any more, unless you find a good deal which gives you the TSW6 core routes (which in turn become available to you in TSW7)

    TSW7 works on Windows 10 & 11
     
  4. StratPlayer62

    StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2016
    Messages:
    450
    Likes Received:
    497
    Thanks.

    Do I get any game enhancements with the starter addition or does that require newer routes than what I have?
     
  5. MadduckUK

    MadduckUK Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2021
    Messages:
    432
    Likes Received:
    904
    You get FSR/DLSS and enhanced lighting, getting rid of TAA has been huge.
     
    • Like Like x 2

Share This Page