PC Birmingham Cross City Bug Posting Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Nov 17, 2022.

1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed it being that quick, I shall have to look outside the train when I next run a service and see. It is certainly quicker than on other routes but I don't find it unrealistic. I find on the Snow Hill lines at the smaller stations they don't hang around.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh I see. I've not been on one of those services yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Out of video memory?

4. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Can I just chirp in by saying, this thread is just highlighting the fact that yet again, DTG have sold you another un-finished product (DLC) and are basically dropping their trousers and showing you their backside!

As has been posted, this is yet another BETA testing being done by all you fine people.
    You've just paid an extra £5 for this route, and yet you are all happy to post all your bug findings!
    I mean this with the greatest of respect, but you all need to stop doing this. New buyers of this product (TSW3) need to experience how 'shoddy' each release is, and then decide not to buy future DLC. This is the ONLY way DTG are going to be hit in the pocket, wake up, and then start testing and fixing their products themselves, BEFORE release.

If you think I'm being rude or a little out of line, go back to the beginning of this thread and read through the bugs page by page. This DLC is less than 5 days old with only a dozen or so different posters finding all these bugs! :mad:

• Like Like x 19
  5. nhilsubsolenovum

nhilsubsolenovum Active Member

Bang on!

• Like Like x 2
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Connie - I returned the favour by refunding the route. (Less than) two hours was enough to tell me it wasn't worth £30, some of what people have found including myself, especially the unfinished or plain wrong - like canal water decals at an unmatched height, totally missing fences - would shame even a freeware route author to issue in that state. In fact that section alongside the canal coming out of Birmingham is the sort of fudge we did in early MSTS when there wasn't much in the way of 3D models to use, though you could still find some fencing.

I could have stuck with it but Spirit Of Steam has already shown the way when it comes to fixing reported issues, or the even worse state it has ended up in transferred over to TSW3 - i.e. not.

• Like Like x 4
  7. max1313

max1313 Active Member

Thank you all for reporting all these bugs which I had expected. I’m sorry that it turned out that way but I’m glad I didn’t pull the trigger.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue at Lichfield Trent Valley. Finished the service, went for a wonder and then the game ended with a SPAD.

9. Boerboel85

Boerboel85 Active Member

Is it just me or can you actually get gold on the 323 training?

10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is possible. Luckily it's at the Training Centre so you can do an extra lap or two of the circuit to rack up some points before you stop. Not sure that's what was intended; there are quite a few freight runs that you can complete perfectly and only gets bronze too.

11. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Regarding the 'roller coaster' gradients, yes, they're accurate. From a cab ride video arriving into the 'A' end of the station:

upload_2022-11-22_1-22-13.png
    upload_2022-11-22_1-22-39.png

• Like Like x 3
  12. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

How do you permanently turn off the safety reminders? I’ve switched them off in the HUD menu but they switch back on every time I restart the game.

13. Another out of memory error on bcc. How's that even possible playing at 1080 res?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I haven't popped for this route yet. I've read the " bug " thread and there do seem to be a myriad of issues, perhaps revealing a big problem with the QA structure, though I suspect that some of the problems may be particular to individual hardware.

And the inability to access the chocolate candy at one station is a real game breaker.

The route looks attractive and well built. But what really makes me hesitate to take the plunge is the lack of drivable trains. At what point did we tell DTG that it was OK to release routes with effectively just the one train? It's really not OK.

From now on I'm planning to reduce my spending by waiting for sales and/ or additional loco dlc.
    DTG are building solid routes. Lack of motive power is reducing their attraction.

• Like Like x 4
  15. OldVern

Not alongside the canal or the Redditch branch, it isn't.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

A small issue with Service 1Z80 (Class 37) - the final stopping point at Bromsgrove is too short for the train ad its' consist (It is set to match the 323 stopping point), leaving most of the carriages outside of the station when you open the doors. Otherwise it's an interesting trip, I got stuck behind a 323 service and arrived 23 minutes late...

17. londonmidland

Anyone else experience lag and/or freezes around the Duddeston area?

18. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Right, can a DTG representative please confirm that the missing scenery is being sorted out on the branch to Redditch.

I do find it cunning that you failed to show this part of the branch, so a reasonable explanation is required. You have failed to be honest and open with the forum and this is not acceptable. You have not even offered a second stream of the route since..?

DTG Alex DTG JD DTG Matt

• Like Like x 3
  19. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I can confirm there are some improvements to scenery currently in the build for the next update. Currently also in the build are...
    • Fixing canal being at two heights
    • Fix for destination boards showing services as two cars
    • Improvements to scenery between Alvechurch and Barnt Green
    • Lowering gold threshold for 323 introduction
    • Moved unobtainable collectible away from hut at Kings Norton
    As ever, these are going through testing currently, so I can't guarantee whether these will be in the next update, but this is what we're currently hoping to include - nor at this stage do I have a date for this update.

There's nothing 'cunning' about it - the route has a lot to cover, and we tried to cover as much as we could and answer as many relevant questions as possible.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  20. alexjjones6024

Thank you for confirming some bug fixes are in testing, though I do have to advise that it shouldn't be down to the community to spot these. Maybe it's irony that it wasn't featured on the preview stream in the first place regarding the missing scenery.

Either way, please take note of the bugs regarding loss of sound when leaving New Street, also the lighting issues when entering/exiting tunnels that make the cab extremely bright and also the canal bridge being blocked off at University and finally the missing lineside fencing between canal and railway along the southern end of new Street towards Redditch/Bromsgrove.

21. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

And also the flowers that disappear in the bins, and also the impossibility of seeing the boat, control, and also..... well everything :|

22. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

The audio dip at New Street is resolved in the next update too.

Matt.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  23. londonmidland

Good morning.

Are there any improvements to performance along the route?

Performance is generally quite good along the route, however, University Station and around the Duddeston area are quite big performance killers for whatever reason. FPS seems to halve in these areas.

Also, a more general TSW 3 issue but I find rain pretty much halves my FPS, regardless of location or time of day.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Is it being tested in the same way, by the same people, that ‘tested’ it the first time around?

If so, eek.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  25. OldVern

One hopes lessons have been learned.

I'm fairly confident given how quickly the TSC NTP got a massive discount after being out literally just weeks, we might see 20% off this at Xmas or failing that the Lunar sale. That plus some decent fixes (both bugs and QA like canalside fencing and missing track at Blackwell) would persuade me to buy it again.

• Like Like x 2
  26. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a pretty good route, but is still blighted by really quite painfully obvious errors and bugs that should never have made it to release.

I lost all faith in these ‘testers’ to actually pick up on this stuff a long while ago. These aren’t obscure things, they’re right there in your face when you first play the route.

Still, at least there are cats huh?

• Like Like x 4
  27. ChrisR

ChrisR New Member

+1 for this.

If you wait for a service to start by sitting in the driver's seat and then go for a wander, if you are not back sitting in the driver's seat by the time the service starts (even though you have allocated yourself to the service), the AI will take over the train and it starts to roll backwards. Surely if I have allocated myself to the service, the AI shouldn't be touching the train?

I've had a few issues at Bromsgrove and Lich TV when I've had some layover time and gone to have a look around and the train has nearly SPAD

28. alexjjones6024

Guys, will you issue a sound patch for the AI as the hissing doesn't occur before the 323 sets off..

29. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

30. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The AI 323 don't actually have brakes applied when they stop, so you won't get any brake release hiss. If you steal the seat of an AI driver it proves this. The brakes are fully released and you have to quickly apply them before you roll away.

A related problem with brakes defaulting to released - when you couple to another unit it will get pushed along rather than providing a form of resistance.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  31. I was standing in the cab of a ai 323 yesterday and the reverser was in neutral and the brake gauge read fully applied. All whilst traveling at 60mph. No wonder there's no brake sound.

• Like Like x 1
  32. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Well that's just the simplified physics for AI I guess, but them stopping at stations with brakes fully released is a bug imho.

33. Maybe the cab controls and gauges don't really correspond to anything under the control of ai. I have noticed the released brakes a few times. Hopefully dtg are onto it.

34. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

cab controls are not operated by AI trains, never have been, most gauges wont be doign anything either - because simugraph doesnt run on AI trains (performance - simugraph is tough enough on one train let alone multiple).

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  35. alexjjones6024

Afternoon, can this fix be looked into at Longbridge terminal sidings. I am walking through the concrete walkway/path to go from one end to the other. Can this be fixed please.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  36. townsend_simon

townsend_simon New Member

Rain doesent hurt my performance..its the clouds...anything other than a clear day and my FPS takes a massive hit

• Like Like x 1
  37. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Because of bad code. DTG needs to fix these issues. DTG Matt is it the same OOM error like in Dresden?

38. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Well, the QA issues were always there and nothing improved over the last years despite all the promise from DTG it seems. Im not going to buy this DLC, not even on sale...

• Like Like x 2
  39. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Try reducing the weather setting by one notch - worked wonders for me with hardly any noticable reduction in quality. Im running an old i7700k with nvid 1080 and getting solid 60fps for 95% of the time (x-city) with weather one notch down from ultra. Rain however, seems to reduce the frames a tad, may need to try and reduce it by another notch.

Also i seem to have extremely few tile stutters now in X-City - it's really smooth comapred to other recent titles. They seem to have sorted out the annoying stuttering that I presume was tile loading.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

This may have been mentioned in this thread, but where is the ambient street lighting throughout the route? It's just all dark.

• Like Like x 1
  41. theorganist

Yes coming into Birmingham at night you couldn't see much in the way of lights from street lighting or houses on the horizon. Maybe the city council are trying to cut down on energy bills!

42. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Completely breaks the immersion instantly...

43. theorganist

You have the route then?

• Like Like x 3
  44. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

The streetlights come on via a global timer so 1900-0700 all year round. This is also a problem in the TSW3 version of SEH. Needs fixing. The TSW2 routes don't have this problem as they took the same seasonal lighting curve that the station lights do.

• Like Like x 1
  45. theorganist

Hopefully they can fix it then although this was 23:00 and Birmingham looked very dark.

46. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

No, but all routes are the same with the missing lights in cities at night.

47. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

Still having a lot of fun with this route, maybe I am easily pleased because I couldn't give a monkeys if a fence or whatever it is missing.
    I'm a realist, nothing is ever going to be perfect.

• Like Like x 7
  48. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, i feel alot of the people saying its immersion breaking or complaining that a fence is missing are expecting too much. But I also seem to notice that these are also the people who are saying that the price increases are unreasonable too...

• Like Like x 3
  49. deeuu#6908

deeuu#6908 Well-Known Member

I've done all the scenarios and a large portion of the time table, plus some downloaded scenarios, I've not encountered anything that has impacted my enjoyment.
    I think that striving for reality is a good goal, but at the end of the day we are sitting in front of a TV / monitor driving a train made of ones and zeroes, a lack of immersion kinda goes with the territory.

• Like Like x 6
  50. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Expecting working lighting (night light in cities) in 2022/2023 game is not "expecting too much".

• Like Like x 2