Blueprint Editor Dds Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Centurion, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Dark_Centurion

Dark_Centurion New Member

This past couple of days I've been watching a tutorial on how to make a building and textures of said building then importing them into the game, and making my own model and textures along the way adapting the instructions to my own model and texture. The bit I only needed help with (and still do, clearly) is importing into the game.

I created the texture in Substance Painter 2, exported the texture i created as a PNG and put it in my go to for .DDS, GIMP2. after exporting the DDS in bc3 dxt5 as per other games, and put them in the source folder directory for my asset. The model itself imported into the game just fine, however the texture had an issue. It was all completely purple.

The guy in the video used the photoshop nvidia plugin, though because I'm not made of money and pirating is extremely difficult to do easily in the UK nowadays, I don't have a copy of photoshop.

Soooooo I got the 7 day trial, downloaded the plugin, imported my PNG, exported as .DDS in 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32bpp format the guy in the video used. Hit the preview button aaaaand "Could not export **\Scenery\Buildings\*****\Textures\*****.dds"

What. At least tell me why? Why does the texture that shows up in bloody purple work, but not the one specified exactly the same as the guy in the video is? More importantly HOW CAN I MAKE IT WORK

2. Andy Cumbernauld

Andy Cumbernauld New Member

I too have been wanting to get models into TS2018, but without success, so I'm afraid I can't see whether the correct textures are being incorporated or not. If you have actually managed to get your model/s in, I would be most obliged if you could tell me how it's done. My models have at least been exported without any difficulty, as far as I can tell, to TS from 3D Crafter (3DC), having been imported from .dst files created for the old Microsoft Train Simulator (MSTS). If I could get them into TS2018, I could at least see if my textures come in correctly or not and let you know if I get there and how.

Andy...……..