PlayStation Bml Substitution System Broken.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Fitz, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I came across an error on the BML second Journey timetable.
    It's a Brighton to Victoria stopping at Gatwick.
    The train should be an 8 car 387 formation:

My train spawned as a 4 car 377 coupled to a 4 car 387. Now in real life these 2 units cannot work in multiple as they are 2 different driver ratings, they only work together for stock moves and not for service.

Anyway the cab screen show that my trailing should be 377418 while the trailing unit that spawned was 387218.

Very odd. So it seems that in Journey mode at least 377s and 387s are randomly inter-changeable and within formations too.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As far as I’m aware there shouldn’t be any substitution in this route and any mixed consists have been put in deliberately. I haven’t used Journey mode yet but haven’t seen any substitution going on in the normal timetable. So it could be a bug.

Joethefish will probably know if this is intended or not.

3. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

It has not happened to me in timetable mode, it's only happened once in Journey mode so far.

I could tell it was a bug from the drivers cab screen in the leading 377 telling me I have a 377 unit coupled to me instead of the 387.

In reality 377s and 387s only work in multiple for stock moves, maintenance and failure rescue.

4. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

I think journey mode has the ability to overwrite formations in the timetable. It might be set up incorrectly. I'll add it to the list of issues but this isn't something I can offer much knowledge on as I don't work with journey mode.

• Like Like x 1