Bml - Why Are Npcs Spawning On Closed Platforms/fast Lines?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Jan 31, 2022.

1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

As the title states, why is it that we have NPCs spawning and walking on fast line platforms, which have no booked passenger calls?

Not only does it look totally ridiculous and immersion breaking, but I can't help this also contributes to some of the performance issues BML suffers from. In real life these platforms would be locked off, and would be permitted for use only in emergency situations and/or if there is engineering works on the slow lines.

I'm pretty sure this was fixed in GWE, which has a similar set up in regards to fast and slow line platforms, so why has this happened again in a much newer DLC? I thought the NPC 'logic' knew not to spawn/wait on platforms which have no booked passenger services?

• Like Like x 11
  2. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Can you post a picture of it, about what you mean?

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

TSW passenzombies just ain't that bright. What gets me is passengers unconcernedly standing in the open in pouring rain, just two steps from shelter!

• Like Like x 4
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's because whoever did the platforms cloned them rather than laying them in state, so the passenger routing marks weren't scrubbed

5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think this was just something else that wasn’t looked at properly due to dev time, BML is very good in its own right, however the entire route is a golden example of what happens with limited time budgets.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

There should be no passengers waiting on the fast line platforms as in real life they are locked off and should only be used for emergency use.

TSW2_Josh_1643757112_00.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

True, what's the deal with that, it's dangerous.

• Like Like x 1
  8. s0ggyflannel69

s0ggyflannel69 Member

absolutely agree, also i wish they could develop systems to have variated amounts of passengers as i’m seeing the same amount of passengers on clapham junction platforms as i am at places such as wivelsfield or salford’s which are night and day differences irl

• Like Like x 3
  9. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this exact thing is what was supposed to be solved and fixed along with the Rush Hour passenger updates. Passengers are only supposed to really spawn if a train is due to call within a certain time frame, and it should be a platform specific thing as well.
    Give a glance at other Rush hour routes like Boston Sprinter or Riesa - Dresden, and sure enough you can actually see that this is true. It does a lot to improve the quality of life of the game, but of course as we all know, the Brighton Mainline route does not feature the Rush Hour passengers yet.

I'm willing to bet that these two issues are likely connected, and gives even more reason for DTG to finally update the passengers on this route.

• Like Like x 3
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Looks like those people need to be arrested by British Transport Police for Trespassing :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

They have been tried, condemned and awaiting execution by HST.

• Like Like x 5
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Closing off fast line platforms and putting up fencing on the island platforms is a relatively new concept, brought in to reduce the number of suicides when they were easily accessible. It also presents a visual deterrent to someone who might be so minded and combined with strategically placed Samaritans posters, save lives. So yes, to be true to the prototype no one should be spawning on these platforms. While they’re at it, they also need to move the passenger walking and standing paths back a bit. Makes me cringe passing through a station at 80 MPH and people are literally on the platform edge.

• Like Like x 4
  13. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Probably to be turned into its fuel source, I heard :D

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Tim RTC

Tim RTC New Member

Not unrealistic sadly, lots of passengers will idly walk right up to the edge without any awareness; but it would be great if they reacted to the train horn and retreated from the edge.

• Like Like x 2
  15. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I thought DTG was against any sort of 'violence' in TSW2, surely having this encourages it no? ;)

• Like Like x 1