The Catch Boss Fish Fridays

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG Clarkey, Nov 13, 2020.

1. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

Is there anything you can actually recommend for catching boss fish without spending literally thousands and thousands of hours on the game, or should we just give up trying since it seems fairly impossible?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Catch rates aren't a value we change they are a value we can monitor and track. All of the values of things such as bait, time of day, location, rig etc are what define your likeliness to catch something. That being said the values are the same across all of the modes and platforms.

3. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

All of the tips we hand out such as baits, setups, location and time of day are the only values that go towards catching fish. There are no other hidden values/tips that determine catch likeliness.

4. malanta#1820

malanta#1820 Member

For things like the Bull, as mentioned I was in the area where he spawns for over 25 hours in a single game session trying to catch him and to no avail (im on ps5 so the game can resume when i left off) - when it comes to struggling to catch a particular fish is there anything you can recommend, as massive session doesnt seem to work so is it better just doing short games and trying to work it out or is it simply an incredibly low catch rate and just comes down to luck no matter what you do

5. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Without going over old ground and looking towards the future. Definitely Boss catch rates is something for the developers to look at for any future releases. More specifically the large venues where Boss fish are found in areas rather than can be caught anywhere. With so much water to cover on the Ebro. Finding the right spot, bait, hook and time of day is plenty hard enough. If a fish then doesn't show up with all of the aforementioned correct for hours upon hours. The natural reaction would be to either move or change one of the variables which ultimately takes you further away, not closer.

In future it could mean maybe increasing the number of baits any one boss can be caught on (or increasing the value of chance on baits), a few different times of day possibly or even have them spawn in different places depending on time of day etc. As well as giving better clues to where and when.

The Ebro seems to be the one venue where it is insanely hard to hook a Boss. Taking into account I have put many hours in to catch the Boss Cats, especially the Bull but meanwhile I am using Boilie baits as well as pellets etc. So you would have thought I may have run into maybe a Boss Carp during the hunt in the now 60 hrs I have spent on this particular venue.

Other venues I have had Boss fish in mainly all of the rest. Unfortunately the Ebro venue is my favourite but equally the most frustrating.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

I'd say your best bet is to just keep moving around the venue and don't worry too much about closing the session and starting again. This will have no effect on the likeliness of catching on.

7. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Another week another boss fish! Good luck everyone.

Attached Files:

8. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Damn, one of the few I've had. Furthest peg to the left of the map at night with Cheese and 2 hook. Given up on the Ebro and managed to add a couple more Boss fish (Koi and Roach) on Bestii in the past few days.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Today's Boss Fish Friday is Francesco on River Ebro :)

Attached Files:

10. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

This Friday's Boss Fish is Remi on Jezioro Bestii!

Attached Files:

11. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

This week's Boss Fish is Tall Tale on Oxlease. Good luck everyone!

Attached Files:

12. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Today's Boss Fish Friday is Glen on Loch Mickle!

13. DeafGunslingerX

DeafGunslingerX New Member

Would kinda help to have the attachment.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DeafGunslingerX

I'm almost at lvl 1000 and I'm still struggling to get Momo and Dumpling at Pearl Lake. Those are my last bosses for that lake. Maybe do one of those for the next Boss Fish Fridays?

15. DeafGunslingerX

Omg, just caught Dumpling. What a coincidence. Now only have Momo left for that lake.

Attached Files:

16. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Here we go every body!

Attached Files:

17. DeafGunslingerX

Finally!!! Pearl Lake 100% completed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Boss_Fish_Friday_11.03.21_1920x1080_2_olive.jpg Today's Boss Fish is Olive on River Ebro. Happy hunting everyone!

19. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

20210315_173936.jpg

Finally a Boss on the Ebro. Its only taken about 70hrs on this venue to catch one!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Like London buses. Same tactic but on a different stretch of the Ebro. Wish I could catch the Boss Cats and Carp as efficiently! 20210316_175703.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  21. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Today's Boss fish is Ludwik on Jezioro Bestii, good luck everyone! Boss_Fish_Friday_18.03.21_1920x10802.jpg

22. stuartmiller07

stuartmiller07 New Member

Is there like a stat sheet or something where you can show us the top 10 caught boss fish across all lakes? Just so we have some kind of idea about which once might bite a bit easier, go after them first to make us feel a bit better about the game? lool

• Like Like x 1
  23. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

We currently don't have that info shared, but it's a great idea! Let me take this back to the team and see if there is something we could do.

24. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

This weeks boss fish is Gomez, good luck everyone! Boss_Fish_Friday_26.03.21_1920x10802.jpg

25. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

26. stuartmiller07

excellent, looks like my evening is going to be spent on Pearl Lake. thanks for that!

27. stuartmiller07

any chance we can change this to boss fish every day?? the ebro and mickle are hard work with them having specific locations of their boss fish. knowing where they are is only like 1/10th of the battle as hooking them is nearly impossible anyway lol

28. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

We keep these every week as the creative team needs to make the image along with all the other assets they make for our games and social. If you need more tips for other fish then jump into our community Discord here, lots of Boss Fish tips get chucked around.

29. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

What would be useful for the Ebro, being the areas to catch all the Boss fish is very specific? Is just a map with the highlighted areas Boss fish can be found. The working out of what and how can still be left to the player for now. Don't know if that is possible?

• Like Like x 1
  30. DeafGunslingerX

We're missing the last 2 Fridays. What's up?

31. chiokehinton

chiokehinton Member

You said what we all feel. FAX

32. chiokehinton

chiokehinton Member

Damn bro ....fishing for bait fish??????

33. chiokehinton

chiokehinton Member

So far @ Ebro I only caught a Boss Eel and the Emporer boss channel.....over 100 hours fishing. The most frustrating part was the eels but I managed to eliminate those completely. I avg 40lbs + on Carp and at least 100lbs on Wels ....NO BOSS. I would really like a CHEAT CODE or the proper rig so I can catch a BOSS since this game IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE. Fine I can live with that but, before I stop playing I want to enjoy a NON SUPPORTED GAME. Is that too much to ask for?

34. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Had some renewed confidence about the Ebro after bagging my first 2 boss fish on it (Both Barbel) and went in search of Boss Carp there. Unfortunately it didn't last, several hours down the line and plenty of 50lb + Carp. I gave up again.

Went back to Pearl Lake which I don't fish often due to the Pacu and being carted all around the lake by a 15lb fish that drives me mad. Managed to bag the biggest Arrapiama on a lure and then the second biggest Siam Carp on float using double sweetcorn.

It seems though the Boss Fish Fridays has died a death, much like my search for Boss Cats and Carp on the Ebro.

• Like Like x 2
  35. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Paused for a few weeks

36. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi all, Boss Fish Fridays will return this week. Other weekly posts will also be coming back later this month as we move through the announce of Bassmaster Fishing 2022. In a couple weeks the usual content will return :)

This Friday we are on Loch Mickle for Boss Fish Friday.

37. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Good luck all! Tight lines.
    Boss_Fish_Friday_16.04.21_1920x10802.jpg

38. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

39. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

To ask a silly question. Is the lure purely just an attractor? 0r a catching opportunity as well? Only reason I ask is the in game bio for both this species and particularly this Boss doesn't mention anything about lures being a favourable bait to catch them on?

40. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi Chizzckh, the lure will catch them too! The only reason the description doesn't mention it is because there are many options to catching the fish and it would be a very long body of text to point all the options out :)

But the lure, mixed with source boilies and perhaps some catfish pellets would do well. The fish is catchable all over, but I have seen Goblin caught most on the right side of the bridge. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  41. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

42. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

43. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

44. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

45. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I've hooked twice a boss pike on Loch Mickie and both times I've failed to land it. Keeps taking me to 220 yards and snapping off. Using the heaviest gear possible and have the drag set on the limit between over tension and max but I still can't stop it eventually maxing out my line after 10 mins or so of playing it.

Second time I hooked it within 15 yards of the bank and I kept it within 50 yards for quite a while. Then it just gained super strength and started pulling line and getting further and further away without tiring.

Anyone know if this a regular glitch? Its really frustrating as I know how to hook it but can't land it.

46. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

If this keeps happening Chizzckh then please submit a ticket and if you're able to record it too that helps.

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit

For future issues like this, please put them in the trouble shooting and support section, as this thread is just for the Boss fish Friday posts.

47. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

48. krugerjaco10

krugerjaco10 New Member

Hi guys. So im new here and have only caught a few specimens around... i see most of your rigs o ly say "size 4 hook" or so... i cant find "loose" hooks anywhere or are there only pre made rigs? And then also how does the sizes vary it looks different to what im used to? I take 4 is much larger compared to say... 12???

49. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

All pre made rigs, not loose hooks. The lower the number size, the bigger the hook.

Generally in my experience most specimen and boss fish can be caught on size 2 or 4 hooks. That includes some of the specimen Chub, Roach etc. The smaller the hook tends to catch the smaller fish I've found.

Hope that helps.

50. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

This does keep happening. But without trying to come across argumentative. There is no point submitting a ticket or recording it as Dovetail have been quite clear they are no longer supporting this fishing title or previous ones. Also pointing out before that announcement I and many did submit bug reports and no updates or fixes were ever made. This particular bug has happened to me on other waters and I did submit a ticket and pictures reporting this. This is the first time on this water though.

I put it on here as the "Support" thread is dead as no one reads it due to there being no support on offer in terms of fixes. Also this was re a boss fish and this thread is one of the only ones other users still check from what I can tell.

I just wanted to know if there is any point continuing to try and catch this boss pike if it can never be landed. 3 attempts now and all the same outcome.

Of course if the Dovetail team have reconsidered fixes for their fishing titles to date. Then I would be happy to fill that form out.

Let us know if there has been a change of direction?

Thanks