Boston Sprinter Timetable Confusion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kobo, Jun 8, 2022.

1. kobo

kobo Active Member

I really don't know what else to title this at the moment, but something's been bugging me about the timetable for Boston Sprinter ever since it was released. It is regarding the depot to Boston runs you do. There are 8 consists of MBTA trains in Southampton at the start of the day roughly 3am. But 7 of those are drivable and one isn't. The non drivable set? It also goes to Boston. Just why? Why is that not drivable when it goes to a final destination that you can easily get to. And there's a second depot run that makes no sense at all. I tried to get the attention of JD or Adam last night on the roadmap stream, but they never saw my question. Though I wasn't asking about boston.

The second depot run is MBTA Providence #815. This is a run that is slapped into a yard that is basically cut off from the rest of the route, and attempting to run this route will basically slam you into a brick wall. (invisible wall but I think you know what i meant.) Why is this a thing? Deleting the useless depot run, and enabling the other depot run that you can't run for no reason would be the simple solution, but who knows if they'll ever see that as a reason to fix what I think is a simple fix. I have the same problem in Pennisula corridor with something else, but of course no answer on that either, as they never saw that.

Is there anyone else who has seen this too on the Boston Sprinter route, or am I crazy?

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I don't do depot runs for the reasons listed. It's annoying to not be able to play services but it's gonna be a while until a fix is made.