Other Br 182 A Few Things (corrections)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Hazawa, May 23, 2021.

1. Hazawa

Hazawa Member

So, after playing the MRCE Taurus BR 182, I was kinda disapointed about the details.
    Overall, the exterior looks nice and detailed even if you added a slíght fantasy part with front lights being LED instead of normal lightbulbs.

Also, I don't expect a highly detailed engine room because you only see it for maybe 5 % of the time.

I have a problem with the cab. First, I guess you know it maybe already the displays have the wrong positions.
    1.-The MTD is to the right and needs to be in reach of the driver normally and the Ebula to the left, not the current positions.
    2.-MFA, doesn't have the T with the green ring because the Br 182 from MRCE doesn't have the TAV System for the doors. Only basic TB0 for Germany and ÖBB Door System.
    3.-On the backside in Cab 1, the Parking Brake Option for Inside/Outside (Innen/Aussen), is in Germany always in Innen.
    4.-Even with Battery Off, the lights for machine room and cab always can be turned on in the Taurus.
    5.-The cab interior lights, have three switches..on the cab table to the right which you made only for the cab table light. The neutral position for this light is the middle.
    6.- Side Controls, it got only one on the seat side not two.
    7.- Direct Brake got 3 fixed position, Release, Neutral and Full Brake. Not two.
    8.- Parking Brake applied, if you try to drive there will be no traction power and a nice girl will yell.."Federspeicherbremse"
    9.- The MTD doesn't have inverted colors if you turn it into the dark mode, it will just adjust brightness. Also, the brightness level is around 100 to 0 not only 10 like the TRAXX and co.
    10.- The NBÜ Switch is only in the backplate of the cab not above the light switches.
    11.- No PIS, No Switch for it..(FIS)..
    12.-Battery Stages, are AB and D. Not ABCD.. Battery Stage D is for the Battery Controls Stage B for the Fridge/Ebula and A for everything else important..C doesn't exist.
    13.-For the Front Lights, if you drive solo you set it normally to 3 White/2 Red not for every cab extra.
    The same with 3x White/3x White if you need both side to light up.

Overall, as I said..I don't execpt for such a price a full blown modelled Taurus. But at least the details which exist already should be correct.
    In my defense, I drive since 2 years in RL the MRCE Tauries and I like them really because they handle their job really well. Yes, I'm driver and again, I don't expect a training software or everything else..I just expect some correct details. You wouldn't be able to create all the MRCE Tauris, because they have a lot of different cabs. But at least, the Basic One should be right.
    I would gladly help, with pictures if necessary..or some experience.
    So have fun.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

in TSW the MRCE Taurus is mostly a re-skin of the DB BR182 used by DB Regio on the Leipzig S-Bahn, maybe that could explain why some details are off?

Very interesting hearing some feedback from a real driver :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It's called a nice summary. Bravo :)
    I dream of at least one locomotive reproduced 100% correctly. I would pay a lot for such a lot \o/

• Like Like x 2
  4. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed: Shouldn't the yellow "wheel with a brake pad" symbol ("Tfz bremst pneumatisch") light up on the MFA when applying air brakes?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hazawa

Hazawa Member

It does, plus normal if you brake combined it will light up for a second as well because of the "Vorsteuerdruck"

• Like Like x 2
  6. cwf.green

I made a thread earlier of testing I did for Hamburg-Lübeck this weekend. It is more general and not just about the BR182 but maybe you could take a look at the thread and see if I made any mistakes? Most of my values are based on calculations, although when I have real world data from drivers I double check (the BR112 is one such example).

For example: How fast do brakes apply and release on the BR182 when it is alone (I understand a long train will change how fast the HL increases/decreases)?

7. Hazawa

Hazawa Member

Your data are frightening accurate. About the Boosters, Dynamic Brake and Performance those are nice but I think not really necessary for now, plus the Performance Booster Function comes only up by 80 km/h plus it is relative limited.
    About the MR Pressure, 50 bar is kinda too much. The Taurus got two safety valves, one by 10.5 bar and other by 12 bar.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cwf.green

I'm glad to hear that. :)

9. Hazawa

Hazawa Member

Found a few more things.
    1. V-Soll is not working, if you drive LZB without AFB. Next thing, if you drive with AFB the speed is still selectable but you cannot see it in LZB. Only if you push the button under the (G) Indicator you can see the selectable speed.
    2. BR 182 DB = TAV(Locomotives) . Normal work procedure:
    (1) Approach the Station, select prev the door side because it is mostly connected with the Passenger Information System for door sides announce
    (2) Stop station, push the white door button down to TO. Doors are free now to open.
    (3) Wait for passenger transfer in this case the time in TSW.
    (4) Passenger transfer stopped. Set the selector to 0, doors should close normally
    (5 Optional) TZ is only used in case of "forced closing" Doors.

Possible way to simulate this for TSW, would be to connect the door selector to the passenger transfer time. If you hit the TZ, the doors can be closed before you reach the end of the passenger transfer time
    3. AFB Holding Brake. AFB Holding Brake, comes always up if you have the throttle stick in the 0 Position and you are standing. Not like in TSW, where you have to set the AFB to 0.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1