Br Blue Ac Electric Pack (outdated)

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Kyle_Lennard1, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Active Member

Since DTG made the BR Blue Diesel and Diesel Electric pack I thought what way to round it off is with a pack containing the AC Electric Locomotives that worked under BR. Pack should include:

Class 81
    [​IMG]

Class 82
    [​IMG]

Class 83
    [​IMG]

Class 84
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Class 85
    [​IMG]

FGA/FFA Freightliner Flats
    [​IMG]

FQA Car Transporter Wagons
    [​IMG]

BR Express Parcels/Newspapers CCT
    [​IMG]

For passenger coaches simply throw in some Blue/Grey Mk1's

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

+1 on that, the 81-85s would be a good addition. The two packs you mention are good value but are from existing stock. 81-85s would have to be built from scratch. Maybe AP or BMG could make them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

We'd need a route to go with it. Part of WCML with Warrington Bank Quay in it could be done. It could also be used for the new EMU's we have already.

4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

How about 18100? A gas-turbine loco' ordered by the GWR but eventually delivered to BR after WW2. She was rebuilt as a 25Kv electric for test running on the WCML as it got electrified and went into storage as production loco's rolled out but lasted long enough to be classified TOPS Class 80.

Be a bit niche but so is GT3, Deltic and the APT to name some other DLC.

5. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Let's please not have scenarios that are broken and don't work like the other Blue pack...

7. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

You'd think some developer somewhere would be interesting in making some roarers.

It seems like there's a version of just about every emu under the sun, but these iconic stalwarts of yesteryear are conspicuous by their absence.

• Like Like x 2
  8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

There was a post on UKTS some time ago, if I recall correctly from someone making a class 85 or certainly one of them, of course I can't find it now. The class 85 would be the obvious candidate I suppose as they were the most numerous of the AL1 to AL5 electrics and were the last in service, 1991 I recall. They would be suitable for WCML over Shap or WCML North.

There sadly aren't versions of every EMU under the sun, certainly not the "classic" AC ones, second generation onwards are pretty well covered. There is only the class 303 of the "first generation" ones. AC EMU's have faired worse than first generation DMU's which are also under represented.

• Like Like x 2