Br Blues Fan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by inversnecky, Dec 27, 2020.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Hello all!

I'm a newcome to TS - only downloaded it four days ago, and very impressed. I'd dabbled with the Microsoft Flight Simulator on and off for twenty years, but didn't really know about a TS option, until TS videos came up which looking at real railway videos on YouTube.

As a boy, I was delighted by trains. My dad bought me a train set when I was about 6 - he was very much a steam fan, deriding diesel locomotives as 'boxes on wheels' - how times change, compared to MUs, these old diesels now seem full of character!

Having grown up in the 1970s/early 80s, I am very much a fan of the blue and grey livery heyday of BR. I lived near Inverness (hence the username), and saw a lot of Class 26, 27, 37, 47 on the go back then.

I built a model railway in the garage as a boy, but it was dismantled as my parents house was sold: space, time and money precluded any more recent attempt to build one again. But my ideal scenario would always have been a compromise - a small route with just a fraction of the trackwork I'd ideally like, as it would have been impossible to create an adequate representation of the spaghetti lines of urban railways, that are my favourite.

Thus what a delightful find is TS, where you can travel along hundreds of miles of track, with no limitations of space, driving trains yourself. All in all for me a much easier way to enjoy the interest.

So, I've downloaded TS2021, spent perhaps more than I should have, taking advantage of the Winter sales on Steam and AP, and looking forward to learning the ropes, and learning from the experienced folk here - and perhaps in due course being able to add some constrictive comments in due course!

2. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi inversnecky, welcome to the forums. Great to hear you are enjoying TS2021. What's you favourite class of BR Blue diesel?

3. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Cheers!

Hard to pin one down, but it’ll be the ones familiar to me locally when I was growing up: 26, 27, 37, 47.

I do like the 08 shunters too.