Br Class 52 Out Now On Ps4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, May 2, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Got it ! It's a masterpiece, I really wish we'll be able to drive it on NTP or GWE as an excursion !

• Like Like x 4
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I really like it, but also in the scenario we can run to Norton Fitzwarren once more which is great.

Also I may be imagining it but as well as more stock on WSR, have more buildings also been added in various places?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i like it. i have noticed it has a doggy horn when using the left stick to sound the horn. it kind of works better when using the stick on the control desk. other than this little problem is just great.i wish it had its own services instead of using the other services which i had already done, i cant wait until this %" can run on GWR to give it a proper thrash. i think its just wasted on WSR although it did run on WSR before it was retired from service

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yeah if I press L3 for the horn it only works half a second the only way is to blow it manually by the "horn-lever"

6. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

hahah yeah its a little squeek hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  7. TinTin_57

How about the AWS lever? Next to the drivers seat on the floor. In the Diesel Gala there was no handle!! Haven’t tried a service yet to see if it’s any different. Saw a guy on YouTube use it in Swap Shop scenario but he was on pc

• Like Like x 1
  8. TinTin_57

BTW is the end of the Class 52 scenario when you reach the mainline a bit of a teaser? Will we ever get a cutscene where we switch from getting permission to go onto the mainline at Norton Fitzwarren to then being on the GWR mainline for the run into Paddington? Just an idea but even that would be awesome. A sort of link up between the two existing routes

• Like Like x 3
  9. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

I thought exactly that as I read the despriction of the scenario, would be great. Even if the cut scene is just a dot on a map following the loco from Norton Fitzwarren into Reading (preferably spead up) it would add something. Allow the GWE to load in the background too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Could be wrong, but I dont think the game works like that Matzo. I think it would have to be split into 2 different scenarios on their own respective dlc’s. So nothing further will be done to that particular scenario.
    A new scenario would be created on GWE starting at Reading 2 hours later on in that day from when the WSR scenario finished.
    So start at Reading around tea time. Drive to Paddington. Where a 47 will be stabled near by, and couples up either on approach to the station or once the 52 has terminated.
    Then top and tail the train back out of Paddington to North Pole depot.
    Then If DTG felt really generous? They could add that same top and tail formation leaving North Pole depot going back to Reading the following morning in an extra scenario.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

That's exactly what I meant, two seperate scenarios, on two seperate routes. The cut scene would literally just be to avoid going back to the main screen, switching routes and selecting the follow on scenario on GWE, which, if your trying to complete the two one after another, would break immersion, and means more load time. (not to mention a cut scene is better than a static image as a load screen at holding interest)

Upon Completion of any scenario currently, the option pops up saying "play next scenario". The game then loads it. If a scenario is "linked" to another one, albeit on a seperate route, the devs could add another option to the scenario completion screen giving the player the option to effectively play "part 2" of the scenario. The game, upon the player selecting that option would then load the new scenario on GWE.

This would save time, the immersion factor and overall make for a smoother experience as the player is not forced to go back to the menus.

• Like Like x 3