PC Br146 Lzb Ende, Broken Or Is It Me?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pveezy, Dec 3, 2022.

1. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Playing the DRA 146. Having issues when I get to a LZB ende so wanna know if I’m doing it wrong or if the loco is broken. As usual with the German stuff there’s a 50-50 chance something is a bug or me not knowing wtf I’m doing.

I know the LZB stuff doesn’t show up on the in cab displays (known bug) and I’m using game HUD.

Situation: travelling along in LZB zone. AFB on and working fine. Approaching LZB end.

When ende light starts flashing I hit the PZB frei button. On other locos this is supposed to make the ende light go solid but on 146 it keeps flashing.

When I get to the actual end of LZB, it seems to put me back on PZB without an ebrake, which is good…

But then all of the sudden my AFB is dead? It won’t throttle up at all. Braking works but trying to increase speed doesn’t.

I can turn AFB off and use the manual throttle fine. Loco gets power then. But as soon as I try using AFB again it won’t power up.

So to summarize: LZB ende light doesn’t seem to work right, and leaving LZB back to PZB seems to break the AFB?

Anyone experience similar? Is it my technique or is it bugs?

This has happened to me in Munich-Augsburg and Koln-Aachen.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  2. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Update: this was me not knowing what I’m doing.

According to help on discord to keep AFB from accelerating too much once leaving LZB, you need to set the it to 0, turn it off, set it to max, turn back on, then use it again on PZB. This worked.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Actually setting it to 0 is enough; no need to turn it off.

• Like Like x 1