Train Sim World 3 Br146 No Headlights

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ukairwaysttv, Nov 23, 2022.

1. ukairwaysttv

ukairwaysttv New Member

The BR146 headlights are not working. Just tried to do an early morning Miesen to Dresden and only the red marker lights come on making it impossible to see in front of the train. Disappointingly this was reported by others in TSW2 in March but appears not to have been fixed.

How are you meant to drive these at night? It's winter and most services are night. Please fix.

Xbox Series S.

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you switched the light switch on the back to headlights, turned on the switch on the desk or turn on the master and instrumental lights switch and then turned on headlights? The headlights are set to taillights by default. The headlights were also never bright to begin with so you can barely see in front of the train but they aren't going to fix the headlights to make them brighter unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
  3. ukairwaysttv

ukairwaysttv New Member

Thank you. I hadn't played a while and forgot to set Headlights on the control panel behind the driver seat. The headlights are a little dim but I can live with that, if it's realistic.

4. rennekton#1349

in real life, the headlights light up the track, but due to reasons, dtg have made them real dim. A good example are the headlights in dra which actually light up the track and use real lumen values and other technical things I don't know the names of.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

The 146.2 is one of the locos with better lighting, but the high beams are poor, too. But the lighting of BR 112 is worse, also the lights of the ICE 3 BR 403 and 406. They don’t have any light cone at all, so it‘s a nightmare to use them by night. Especially on routes which are extremely dark like SKA or Dresden Routes. I don‘t understand why DTG is not willing to improve this, even if only for the ICE 3; since the BR 403 for SKA has much better lighting than the original one.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. raph#6037

raph#6037 Member

Sorry, but you're talking nonsense. We neither have a 120 nor a 402 yet, the only two trains that you could be talking about (that would at least make sense in this context) are the 101 and/or the 403.

7. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

I meant the 112, sorry, my mistake.

8. rennekton#1349

That would require some sort of lighting rework as evidenced by dra and tsw3 which have much brighter headlights. You need like the right light data to be able to have the brighter headlights. So it's not as simple as press a button and the lights are bright

9. Nairam

Nairam New Member

BR 185 At night I can’t see s..t!