Br187=sounds Of 185

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by KoeleKoen, Oct 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I don't understand how they could have put a highly buggy product like this up for sale. I just feel embarrassed for them. Now I understand why Matt skipped the launch on Youtube.

• Like Like x 1
  2. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Member

I think recording rights depends on the operator/land owner. Network Rail don't seem to mind people photographing as long as it is done safely and without obstruction to other passengers along with heritage railways. However there are privately run light rail systems that do not seem allow it without a license, namely Tyne & Wear Metro and more recently Metrolink (who were fine with it under Stagecoach ownership but apparently not anymore). Manchester Victoria is a bit of a grey area to my understanding since you are on Network Rail platforms but cannot technically photograph anything without catching parts of the arena building. I reckon if you only see Northern Rail & Network Rail staff around you should be ok, but if arena security are around just head over to Salford Central instead. I don't know about the rules for DB.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Active Member

What a thread. With some of the opinions on here, AP should have a warrant for their arrest and a worldwide manhunt going on for the sounds that they've recorded/released.

• Like Like x 3
  4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Talking of sounds, there is now an outstandig soundmod: https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/7750-el-shg-db-br187-soundmod/

It's hard to decide. I don't want to give SHG money for that, but i want to have this loco so bad! I think I'll wait for a patch where they at least fix PZB and LZB, maybe I'll buy it on a sale then. But just because this sound mod exists.

• Like Like x 5
  5. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Not only them, every other company or person that recorded sound or video off any vehicle should be imprisoned. Can you imagine what kind of people could promote such thing on these forums? Insane stuff something you might see in those dark dystopia SCI FI movies.
    Thank good this is just some twisted thinking and the current laws in EU are not a follow up to Kim Jong-un creations

• Like Like x 3
  6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

It's not us, DTG said it, probabily because people tried to send sound for locomotives they didn't record themselves (but ripped it off YouTube for example), once the guy said he recorded everything himself he was in the clear IMO. Only exception would have been if he needed a license to record sounds inside the train or something.

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It isn't a matter of criminal law, but civil. And no corporation bothers sending expensive lawyers out to sue penniless individuals.* But suing commercial firms, that's a different matter; they can and they do. Google "product displacement," the practice of covering up identifiable brands in movies and TV shows to avoid getting a nasty cease-and-desist from somebody's attorneys.

*Actually, on occasion they do do it in terrorem, although obviously it's a money-losing proposition

• Like Like x 2
  8. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. TKessel

TKessel New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I didn't buy they 187 yet (and I will wait for a sale), as I don't like to give Skyhook games the money for this mess! You (and the other members who are fixing it) would deserve the money instead.

However, fantastic! Release thursday, 4 days later a lot of fixes and already the first Sound-mod is out. That's how it should be, in the meantime only blabla from Skyhook.

• Like Like x 9
  10. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. neddyie116

neddyie116 Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Wow, the 187 feels so much better to drive now. You did an amazing job on this and incredibly quick too.
    Why can't Dovetail get a horn recording like this? Literally all German horns so far have been quite a bit off. Even though it's not perfect, yours at least sounds like a European horn should and not like a toy.

• Like Like x 4
  13. josuesleyer

josuesleyer New Member

They did it ugly 2x and it's still the same people who are developing Horseshoe Curve: Altoona . God help us!

• Like Like x 1
  14. josuesleyer

josuesleyer New Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  15. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Give me the Sounds for Xbox DTG

• Like Like x 1
  16. w2sjw

w2sjw Member

Elena has her own sound mod out now as well:https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/7750-el-shg-db-br187-soundmod/

• Like Like x 3
  17. Oystein

Oystein Active Member

Which one is the best sound mod? Looks like there are two of them.

We also need a driver camera update. It is not in center compared to the seat, and a bit too high. Can't we have adjustable driver seats as a standard, at least on locos that has this in real life?

18. w2sjw

w2sjw Member

I'm not knocking the hard work by irFlouz at all, but I like Elena's a bit better. The latest version of EP mod linked above has the seat position fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  19. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Isn't there an option in one of the .ini files to adjust default viewing position?

20. Oystein

Oystein Active Member

Yeah I found the camera fix, how could the release a such wrong camera position? :|

I'll test Elena's pack too, irFlouz sound mod was a lot better than the broken br 185 sounds.

• Like Like x 2
  21. victor.malhard

victor.malhard New Member

Thanks for the mods, guys. Skyhook's incompetence is incredible. I hope they can never sell their products again. At least I don't buy anything from them anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  22. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

• Like Like x 15
  23. bsrdj

bsrdj Member

cant get any of the new sounds to work on the 187 put it into the DLC like all my other mods are found? they all work great

• Like Like x 1
  24. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Member

I never said it was a criminal offense! There are multiple videos I have seen of people who have been kicked off Metrolink platforms for filming without licensing.

• Like Like x 1
  25. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Active Member

Copyright infringement can indeed be dubbed a criminal offence, depending on the severity of it.

26. Cameron's Gaming

Cameron's Gaming Well-Known Member

So it's being previewed for TS1 now with new sounds from RSSLO:

Sounds nice - hope they can port them to TSW now.

• Like Like x 3
  27. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

I agree and you said in the Stream comment Physics package us different

28. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Why weren’t the audio changes also included in the Train Sim World 2 version?

The developer is looking at updating the DB BR 187 for Train Sim World 2 add-on, however we need to make it perfectly clear that this might not be possible for Train Sim World 2 with the RSSLO sound pack.

The audio mixing for Train Simulator and Train Sim World 2 are very different operations. And what works for Train Simulator might not work for Train Sim World 2.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...tor-2022-train-sim-world-2-differences.48778/

• Like Like x 1
  29. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It'll be really disappointing if the new sounds don't make it over to TSW2.

I realize there may be technical hurdles, but for your flagship product to receive the inferior version just doesn't seem right. Audio mixing needs work across the board on TSW2, especially on Xbox- seems like now's as good a time as ever to bring it up to snuff.

• Like Like x 3
  30. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Was it just me checking back the stream or was the game extremely quiet?

• Like Like x 1
  31. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

The TS sounds are incorrect for the DB BR 187 anyways, however Skyhook is already getting the correct sounds from someone.

• Like Like x 1
  32. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

From you

• Like Like x 2
  33. irFlouz

irFlouz Active Member

Maybe :P

• Like Like x 2
  34. colinL

colinL Active Member

good news, good news